question about multiple people using same internet connection

#1upstatenyhcPosted 1/14/2013 8:16:43 AM
when i get out of work and go home and play BO2, there are usually 2-3 people using the same internet connection at my house so my question is is there anyway to seperate my ps3 connection from the others? when more than 1 person is using the internet at the same, i am red bar or 2 bars always and i know thats the reason. thanks
#2JonicitePosted 1/14/2013 8:18:19 AM
upstatenyhc posted...
when i get out of work and go home and play BO2, there are usually 2-3 people using the same internet connection at my house so my question is is there anyway to seperate my ps3 connection from the others? when more than 1 person is using the internet at the same, i am red bar or 2 bars always and i know thats the reason. thanks

No.

All of your internets (bandwidth) comes in through one place, and normally goes to a router. The best way to have your internet to yourself is to break your roommate's/family's wifi devices.

On a side note, do you have like a 2KD? I bet you do.
---
PSN Alias: EmailFail
---
#3upstatenyhc(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:25:35 AM
i dont get what your sayin about breakin their internet connection and no i have less than 1 KD because i'm always 1 or 2 bars. it doesnt give me an advantage like it seems to give other people. my internet is good its just effected in a bad way when multiple people are on it which is different than having a crappy internet service
#4MonerMonerPosted 1/14/2013 8:29:46 AM
Something about qos look it up, set ps3 to be number one.
#5JonicitePosted 1/14/2013 8:30:03 AM
Bandwidth is a finite resource. The more people you have on, the worse your connection will be. Unless you are willing to pay for your own connection, I think you're out of luck here.

Well, that or break all the devices they use that suck up your internet.

Jokes aside, there are other things you can do. I'm renting a play with a few of my buds, and we have tons of internet devices. After I experienced annoying issues with my internet connection, I got them to start being smarter about their net usage. One big issue, they were using their wifi for their phones all the time, regardless of whether or not they were currently surfing the net. Asking them nicely to turn that **** off when they aren't using it worked. Since then, it's been good.
---
PSN Alias: EmailFail
---
#6upstatenyhc(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 8:36:49 AM
ya it def blows but thanks guys, i figured there wasnt much i could do accept get them off of it