Will you play MW4 on PS3 or PS4?

#11destructoclausPosted 1/15/2013 12:05:13 PM
Will not be getting MW4. I would probably pick it up if it featured dedicated servers without lag compensation but I know it won't so I'll have to pass. Maybe when Activision takes time to make a quality product will I consider buying the next one.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#12ElaminoPPosted 1/15/2013 12:16:31 PM
Love when people put down MW3 and somehow support BO2 when it takes MW3's problems and multiplies them by 10.
---
"Thats gotta be the stupidest thing I've read all day. And I've been to LUE today." -Flamecannon
PSN: ElaminoP
#13p06111981Posted 1/15/2013 12:26:00 PM
ps4 has a controller that kinnects to your wang.

You heard it here first.
#14_Deadeye_CM_Posted 1/15/2013 12:54:08 PM
There isn't going to be a straight port to the PS4/new Xbox. The amount of coding it would take to convert the engine to run on the new processor, gpu, etc., isn't worth it. That's not even considering the fact that it will not have improved graphics unless they decide to take months(maybe longer) to optimize it. Like I said, not gonna happen. If they manage to directly port it, it's going to look like garbage compared to the other launch titles. I mean really, 512MB RAM is nothing compared to the rumored 4GB+ on PS4 and 8GB on Xbox. And the processor and gpu? Lightyears ahead. These consoles are dinosaurs.

Also, I don't know if I'm getting the next PlayStation. Sony recently got a patent that basically allows them to link you PSN ID to a disc you buy, so if the technology gets implemented, that means no more used games, no trades, etc. Old games are going to essentially be useless.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#15badbutttuesdayPosted 1/15/2013 1:03:30 PM
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
There isn't going to be a straight port to the PS4/new Xbox. The amount of coding it would take to convert the engine to run on the new processor, gpu, etc., isn't worth it. That's not even considering the fact that it will not have improved graphics unless they decide to take months(maybe longer) to optimize it. Like I said, not gonna happen. If they manage to directly port it, it's going to look like garbage compared to the other launch titles. I mean really, 512MB RAM is nothing compared to the rumored 4GB+ on PS4 and 8GB on Xbox. And the processor and gpu? Lightyears ahead. These consoles are dinosaurs.

Also, I don't know if I'm getting the next PlayStation. Sony recently got a patent that basically allows them to link you PSN ID to a disc you buy, so if the technology gets implemented, that means no more used games, no trades, etc. Old games are going to essentially be useless.
---

just because it comes out at launch does not make it a launch title.

if PS4 pulls implements this tech they will have a lot of people go over to the xbox unless they do it also. there will still be plenty who buy it though. I would think gamefly would love for this to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if games go to $70 or $75 and people aren't going to spend the coin knowing they cant even get some of their money back.
#16GeoD62Posted 1/15/2013 1:06:18 PM
p06111981 posted...
ps4 has a controller that kinnects to your wang.

You heard it here first.

New meaning for "joy stick".
---
"Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken".
#17uwishuwereme17Posted 1/15/2013 1:12:45 PM
There isn't gonna be a ps4 next year ugh I hate these stupid topics!!!!!!!
---
Just rename Call of Duty to Camping on Duty!
#18highwindmtPosted 1/15/2013 1:26:46 PM
uwishuwereme17 posted...
There isn't gonna be a ps4 next year ugh I hate these stupid topics!!!!!!!

Dev kits (under the title 'Orbis') have already been out for months and software is already being developed for the next gen Xbox/PS3s. They will be launching much sooner than you think, considering the WiiU has already launched the next gen.

As for the topic, I will not be buying MW4 regardless of system. Black Ops 2 suffers from some serious problems, and although the gameplay is great there is too much holding it back. Considering MW3 was a huge disappointment, I dont trust Infinity Ward to deliver. Im tired of the modern setting anyways. The market is flooded with them.
---
PSNs: insane_method, ST_Sorrow
GT: FozzieBearr
#19RoddyAnumber1Posted 1/15/2013 4:08:04 PM
Lol Sony said they don't have any plqns on releasing the next gen console until 2015 because PS3 is still going strong and has a lot of life left in it. Such a troll, as for the next CoD. I'll have to see gameplay first, because I really don't like Infinty Ward's games.
---
L96A1 > PSG-1 > DSR-50 > Ballista
I LOVE sniping!
#20_Deadeye_CM_Posted 1/15/2013 4:10:55 PM
RoddyAnumber1 posted...
Lol Sony said they don't have any plqns on releasing the next gen console until 2015 because PS3 is still going strong and has a lot of life left in it. Such a troll, as for the next CoD. I'll have to see gameplay first, because I really don't like Infinty Ward's games.

That's hilarious considering how many dev groups have been complaining about the state of the PS3 compared to even low end computers. And the next console is going to be out by Q2 of 2014, sooner if the new Xbox comes out by Q4 of this year.

Newsflash, guys: The PS3's hardware sucks.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye