How do you use assault shield ?

#1rogun12Posted 1/29/2013 9:27:52 PM
I suck with it i want to get better what is the trick using a shield ?

Thanks !

and good set up for it ?
#2xmartymcflyxPosted 1/29/2013 9:36:22 PM
If you want to make people mad plant it and stand behind it.if you want to bash people light weight extreme conditioning and flack jacket.
#3xsniper90xPosted 1/29/2013 9:52:55 PM
go up to people with ghost.
press L3.
kill people.
???
profit!!
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD
psn: hitman555z
#4rogun12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:30:53 AM
thx but those tactic don't seems to work well lol
#5destructoclausPosted 1/30/2013 9:27:10 AM
The assault shield sucks. I mean, seriously. The melee is absolutely awful on it. It should really be a one-hit kill. This is a good setup I've found:

Assault Shield
B23R + Extended Mags
Flak Jacket
Fast Hands/Scavenger
Tactical Mask
C4
Concussion grenade
Perk 2 greed

If you're looking for kills with the shield itself, I'd go to hardcore and replace flak jacket with lightweight and good luck. Have fun watching your KDR plummet as you experience frustration like never before. However, the shield isn't bad if you're using it for other purposes, letting your C4 and gun do the killing.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#6rogun12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 10:01:24 AM
i wanted to use the shield mostly for protection to hide behing or help people to get to the objective or defend it not to kill with it
#7YOTAIncPosted 1/30/2013 10:11:09 AM
No one cares about KD who even remotely wants to have fun in this game. Try hard = KD. Fun = who gives a damn. Simple.
---
PSN: MacktasticDazzle
I am THE Macktastic Dazzle. Accept no substitutes.
#8cidvicious_shunPosted 1/30/2013 3:10:45 PM
Shield
Kap-40
Flak jacket
Scavenger and fast hands
Tactical mask
Combat ax x2

Just wait for the enemy to run out of bullets, then either spam them with two axes or switch to the kap-40 for the kill. Works best in domination while capping flags.

I still get abysmal k/d ratios, but it's fun especially when you final kill cam with an ax throw.
#9IsofluranePosted 1/30/2013 3:13:40 PM
cidvicious_shun posted...
Shield
Kap-40
Flak jacket
Scavenger and fast hands
Tactical mask
Combat ax x2

Just wait for the enemy to run out of bullets, then either spam them with two axes or switch to the kap-40 for the kill. Works best in domination while capping flags.

I still get abysmal k/d ratios, but it's fun especially when you final kill cam with an ax throw.

this, but i like to use lightweight for more mobility.

HXC is the way to go too. 1 shield bash will kill instead of 2.
---
"The air was thick with cat-calls, no pun intended."- Tommy the Cat
#10Mitchach0Posted 1/30/2013 11:20:05 PM
To put it plainly, use it as a tool to close distance and to prepare your attack for when the enemy decides to reload or stand still. My go-to Shield class is as follows:

Assault Shield
Executioner (Dual Wield)
Combat Axe
Concussion
Flak Jacket
Scavenger, Fast Hands (Perk 2 Wildcard)
Tactical Mask

You will find a wealth of useful information about shielding on the following forum:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/SWAT_clan/index/

I am not a member of this clan, but I like to share thoughts with some of the besf shielders out there, such as ShieldYourHome and RiotGuyPSN.