People like this... why??

#11Soniv4Ever10Posted 1/30/2013 11:22:23 AM
destructoclaus posted...
RealWreckless posted...
dude that guy sucks lol

Um, no he doesn't. Clearly, he plays for his KDR. This is a game that HE payed $60 for. He can play it however he wants. To him, having that ridiculous KDR is being good at the game and given how high it is, I'd say he's pretty damned good. The game is made to be enjoyed however people choose to. There's no need to read so much into stats.

What? Sure he can play the game however he wants,but his kd doesn't make him good even if that's all he plays for. If you look at one stat might as well pay attention to the rest, his spm tells you all he does is camp the whole game and he doesn't contribute anything to his team., and he either rage quits like crazy or loses most games because he spends too much time camping for kills instead of actually trying to win. Since when does losing and quitting the majority of the time make you good at anything? What his standards of good may be is irrelevant.
---
PSN: PhantomResonance
3DS FC: 3780-9478-6598
#12cirus 7Posted 1/30/2013 11:31:32 AM
its just the standard try hard cheating his stat tracking, the same as the 2 people you see dashboard out of every match 10 seconds before it ends if they are not 2.5+ k/d. i never understood it either, you cheat the system to make one stat (k/d) look good, but your w/l and other stats look downright terrible because of constant camping/ quitting/ dashboarding.
its kinda funny and sad, because at this point, with all the hacking, boosting and stat cheating, myself and a lot of others see a really high k/d as a good indication your a crappy player thats cheating to get a pretty number and i dont want you on my team. same for people at master prestige, as soon as one pops into a lobby half the people are checking his stats and recent games thinking its probably a cheater who hacked to master. i feel bad for the small handful of people who actually worked hard for their stats and levels, the cheaters outnumber them so much that most people dont even that stuff seriously.
---
psn id "rajas".
#13Ice WeaselPosted 1/30/2013 11:41:19 AM
cirus 7 posted...
i never understood it either, you cheat the system to make one stat (k/d) look good, but your w/l and other stats look downright terrible because of constant camping/ quitting/ dashboarding.

It's easy to understand - people care about one thing and one thing only and that's K.D.R. Win/Loss and SPM are completely irrelevant to them.

The Call of Duty franchise has made KDR the be-all, end-all stat. This was evidenced in past games where the scoreboard in Domination didn't even show captures and defends, and had kills and deaths the most prominent stat on the board.
#14destructoclausPosted 1/30/2013 12:38:27 PM
Soniv4Ever10 posted...
destructoclaus posted...
RealWreckless posted...
dude that guy sucks lol

Um, no he doesn't. Clearly, he plays for his KDR. This is a game that HE payed $60 for. He can play it however he wants. To him, having that ridiculous KDR is being good at the game and given how high it is, I'd say he's pretty damned good. The game is made to be enjoyed however people choose to. There's no need to read so much into stats.

What? Sure he can play the game however he wants,but his kd doesn't make him good even if that's all he plays for. If you look at one stat might as well pay attention to the rest, his spm tells you all he does is camp the whole game and he doesn't contribute anything to his team., and he either rage quits like crazy or loses most games because he spends too much time camping for kills instead of actually trying to win. Since when does losing and quitting the majority of the time make you good at anything? What his standards of good may be is irrelevant.

His standards of being good at the game are just as relevant as anyone else's. In a recreational game where "skill" is entirely a matter of speculation based on statistics, being good at the game is pretty subjective if you ask me.

So what if his w/l ratio is abysmal? I'm sure he's mostly a solo player. Let's not forget that the other 11 players in the game will collectively affect the result of it more than 1 person ever will, period.

So what if his SPM is very low? Again, he clearly doesn't care about it and doesn't play for it, so I don't see the point of judging him on that. This game is for recreational purposes and there are several different angles and approaches one can take to determine a player's skill. Does he know he's not helping his team win? I'm sure. Does he care? I'm sure he doesn't, because he enjoys padding his 4.36 KDR, and he's good at it.

Just because a player plays a certain way doesn't mean they suck. I'm sure if he actually tried to win or tried to get a high score, he probably could. This is clearly a player that plays a very specific way because he enjoys to. Yes, 2 of his main stats are glaringly low but you have to look a little deeper into it when one of them is so outrageously high as a result.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634