Executioner after patch

#1DragonForLifePosted 1/30/2013 5:55:49 PM
Anyone else think that the medium range damage buff on the executioner now has made it usable now? I was using it before the buff on an assault shield class and it would've had only killed someone at point blank range. Now I am getting 1-2 hit kills consistently at close range and can kill someone at times with the 5 shells at medium range. I'm going for gold with it now.
---
"two paths diverged in a wood.... I took the path less travelled, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
#2Sevi_neyPosted 1/30/2013 5:59:17 PM
Oh I see, that would probably make you the 2nd person I've ever seen in BO2 use the Executioner for longer than 6 minutes.

I'm going to say, "no, it's not op"
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#3Jeric735Posted 1/30/2013 6:01:31 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
Oh I see, that would probably make you the 2nd person I've ever seen in BO2 use the Executioner for longer than 6 minutes.

I'm going to say, "no, it's not op"

Just gonna say - TC didn't say it was OP.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#4Sevi_neyPosted 1/30/2013 6:02:59 PM
My mistake.
---
as the resurrection of Bill Cosby, relinquish your pudding or perish at the backhand of Bill Cosbyeatindapuddin
#5Mean_BeaniePosted 1/30/2013 6:15:29 PM
It was usable before the patch, but now...now it's just amazing.

Executioner Master Race is officially a thing now.
---
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8360/umud.png
#6DragonForLife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:30:05 PM
I never said it was op. I'd be a hypocrite if I said that it was op, as I think the term is overused. All I was saying was that it has a role and purpose now: to get up close and personal. That is why I use it with an assault shield. For those of you who do use the executioner, what is your setup? I'm just curious, that's all.
---
"two paths diverged in a wood.... I took the path less travelled, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
#7evaceebPosted 1/30/2013 7:38:41 PM
I have around 1200 kills with the executioner.. Only used it for about 50 kills after patch so far..

It's a decent improvement still can't compete with the other guns though. Tac-45 is 2-shot kill yet the Executioner is a MAYBE 1-shot point blank, and if you don't land that 1-shot, it's on par with the other two pistols.

What's balance?
#8ihaveyahooraresPosted 1/30/2013 11:46:07 PM
I've got 1141 kills with it and a 1.51 KD. My highest KD weapon actually. It's the most used after the SMGs I got diamond...

Got 200 kills with it after the patch came out and it's pretty noticeable. I'm the person who says it's OP btw. Use it to all its strengths and it's OP.
#9ShieldYourHomePosted 1/31/2013 12:09:47 AM
I also use it with the shield.

I think Dual Wield is the best attachment for it, but pretty much anything will work since the shield gets you to close range.
---
PSN: ShieldYourHome
#10lolcharizardPosted 1/31/2013 12:33:01 AM
Am I missing something? The other pistols are still better options and don't require attachments to be viable.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.