Target Finder makes me want to punch myself in the face

#21elchris79Posted 1/31/2013 3:57:15 PM
I could embrace TF being disabled as a AR scope, but a LMG needs it as a legitimate option.
#22tgoudyPosted 1/31/2013 8:48:09 PM
VisibleNinjaHO posted...
I use the TF on my AR's and LMG's because they help me pick out tangos at a distance where it's not easy to see if it's a person or just part of the environment. Yes with a ACOG i would get a better zoom, but there are many times when that doesn't help me ID an enemy who's crouched behind something and blending in.

And i'm not pitching a tent here enter, i move around alot (less so with the LMG's, but i still move), plus the tunnel vision has gotten me killed plenty of times.

I suspect that most people whining about it online have yet to unlock it on any gun since it's one of the later unlocks that requires you to put a good amount of time into.

It's not that late. It doesn't take long at all to unlock. I will say that some people are whining because their ass is sore from someone killing them with it and they refuse to come to terms with the fact that they aren't as good as they think they are.

However to say most people are whining because they don't have it unlocked is silly. I would say that most people are whining because it's kind of a cheap attachment that was probably a bad idea to include in the game. Many people also refuse to use it (or say they do) because they feel it's cheap (or because they care that much about what random internet strangers think of them).

I'm not saddled by that. I'm not a hipster. If something included in the game helps me play better, I have no problem using it at times. I also get bored easily, so I use all the weapons and attachments. TF is by far the best sight and it not really even close. There should be more drawbacks to balance the positives it brings to the table. There is really no reason NOT to use it if the primary goal is to do well/win.
#23LinkPrime1Posted 1/31/2013 9:39:05 PM
I just spent a good part of the day playing, and around 40% of my deaths were from Target Finders. I hate the attachment so much words cannot express it. Being out-sniped, camped, etc, all by users using it who probably WOULDN'T get the kills without it...it gets very frustrating.

For all the hate I hate for it, a simple fix would make it pretty balanced IMO. Just reduce the centerspeed when using it. I swear these LMG's have 0 recoil, and when a target is highlighted perfectly from across the map, it's almost too easy. And if the centerspeed IS reduced already...well, I guess I'm running Cold Blooded more often...
---
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython
#24elchris79Posted 1/31/2013 10:10:58 PM
LinkPrime1 posted...
I just spent a good part of the day playing, and around 40% of my deaths were from Target Finders. I hate the attachment so much words cannot express it. Being out-sniped, camped, etc, all by users using it who probably WOULDN'T get the kills without it...it gets very frustrating.

For all the hate I hate for it, a simple fix would make it pretty balanced IMO. Just reduce the centerspeed when using it. I swear these LMG's have 0 recoil, and when a target is highlighted perfectly from across the map, it's almost too easy. And if the centerspeed IS reduced already...well, I guess I'm running Cold Blooded more often...

One of my favourite things in the world is made up stats... Thank you! :) x
#25LinkPrime1Posted 2/1/2013 10:16:01 AM
LinkPrime1 posted...

One of my favourite things in the world is made up stats... Thank you! :) x

I'm not sure what you're implying? 40% of my deaths during a span of time were from Target Finders? When at least 2 members of the other team are using them, there's a decent chance that around that percentage of deaths will be a result of them.

I really wasn't exaggerating though. There was one match were all of my deaths were from Target Finders...
---
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython
#26joeimpoPosted 2/1/2013 10:29:36 AM
I feel so bad for your 30-3.
---
Beer: The cause of (and solution to) all of life's problems.