PSA: Having a good k/d doesn't make you good

#1r3flexxPosted 1/31/2013 8:40:46 AM
That's right folks, you heard it here first. Just because you have a higher number sitting in your combat record in comparison to some guy on the other team doesn't make you better than them.

But r3flexx, how is this possible?

I'll tell you how it's possible, silly minion. Just because you can sit behind a headglitch with an automatic target finder FAL and get a 2:1 k/d ratio doesn't make you a good player. So get out of your headglitches, pick up a man's weapon, and go for that B-flag. You might grow some hair on your chest and (maybe) become a better player.
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls
#2Tempest717Posted 1/31/2013 8:47:48 AM
I take B flag with only a knife, am I a man now?
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3mrgordon57Posted 1/31/2013 8:49:59 AM
love this hahaha.

during Double XP weekend I had a couple massive games score-wise in Demolition with something like 6 plants and 5 defuses and beat a team of camping babies going severely negative. but going at the objective like a Lemming got the win against a bunch of campers in Nuketown. surely they enjoyed my feeding their killstreaks, but they still lost and they most certainly cried about it too.
#4M14PROPosted 1/31/2013 8:56:53 AM
No I heard this since waw boards. So no I didn't hear it here first.
---
PSN- Makbains-Revenge swat 5.56 six do work
#5_NeroZero_Posted 1/31/2013 8:58:03 AM
Tempest717 posted...
I take B flag with only a knife, am I a man now?

Probably, but it sure gives you courage, and makes you even more addicted to kamikaze rushes.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
Official Tofu of the Resident Evil 6 boards!
#6r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:08:53 AM
M14PRO posted...
No I heard this since waw boards. So no I didn't hear it here first.

Then you are one of a kind sir. Congratulations! *hands freshly baked cookie*
---
#7Retrogamer79Posted 1/31/2013 9:24:18 AM
But what about those of us who always play the objective, capture the flag/collect the tags/ plant the bomb/ capture and defend the position and still maintain a k/d above 2.0?

Not everyone with a high k/d is a camper/ glitcher.
---
We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
#8r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:35:43 AM
Retrogamer79 posted...
But what about those of us who always play the objective, capture the flag/collect the tags/ plant the bomb/ capture and defend the position and still maintain a k/d above 2.0?

Not everyone with a high k/d is a camper/ glitcher.

The point is that people have this silly idea that k/d translates directly to a players skill. While this may often be the case, many times it isn't. It's that very idea that forces people to camp for their k/d and ruins this game. It's also why I can't play pubs anymore. They're just boring and rage-inducing.
---
#9L4ndoGr1ff1nPosted 1/31/2013 9:37:39 AM
r3flexx posted...
That's right folks, you heard it here first. Just because you have a higher number sitting in your combat record in comparison to some guy on the other team doesn't make you better than them.

But r3flexx, how is this possible?

I'll tell you how it's possible, silly minion. Just because you can sit behind a headglitch with an automatic target finder FAL and get a 2:1 k/d ratio doesn't make you a good player. So get out of your headglitches, pick up a man's weapon, and go for that B-flag. You might grow some hair on your chest and (maybe) become a better player.

Very well put. If only more cod gamers had that mentality, the game would never get old and it wouldn't generate so much frustration and contempt within the community.
#10Bizzy_GPosted 1/31/2013 3:33:35 PM
Flex you are bad yourself.
---
http://livinglegacy.enjin.com/home <<A Family *The Snd Jesus*
Psn: B-Gianni . Bizzness_Only.