Advice needed for gold assault shield

#1DragonForLifePosted 2/1/2013 12:55:51 AM
I have nearly got my crossbow gold and now I am trying to get my shield gold. I have tried but I have only got 9 kills with it. I would easily have 500 or more kills using it with c4 and a pistol but it is so hard to get kills with it. Has anyone got any tips and what gamemode to use etc. Thanks in advance.
---
"two paths diverged in a wood.... I took the path less travelled, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 2/1/2013 1:30:27 AM
Fast hands and concussion grenades on domination
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#3LeonSK2236Posted 2/1/2013 1:35:48 AM
well I just got my 100th kill to open the rest of the challenges and they are not bad at all.

Carbon Fiber 1k score from blocking enemy fire
Cherry blossom 25 hatchet kills while holding sheild
art of war 25 times killing the guy shooting your shield
ronin 25 kills no perks
skulls 25 kills no weapons equiped

What is your set up?
#4MrMarthReturnsPosted 2/1/2013 2:12:40 AM
Have you tried hardcore? Its one hit kill.
#5colum24Posted 2/1/2013 4:00:37 AM
If you're struggling try hardcore.

The only annoying challenge is the 25 kills with no perks.

25 kills with no weapons can also be a little annoying a times because you can't use stuns or any tactical equipment.
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 2/1/2013 4:41:49 AM
colum24 posted...

25 kills with no weapons can also be a little annoying a times because you can't use stuns or any tactical equipment.

You sure about the no tacticals? sounds a little rough
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#7colum24Posted 2/1/2013 4:51:52 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
colum24 posted...

Yeah I'm sure lol.

I thought I could use tacticals when I was going for that challenge but the bash kills weren't counting towards the challenge. When I removed tacticals and got bash kills they counted. It was indeed rough at times.

Either that or Treyarch just don't like me.
#8JustinBooPosted 2/1/2013 5:39:47 AM
colum24 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
colum24 posted...

Yeah I'm sure lol.

I thought I could use tacticals when I was going for that challenge but the bash kills weren't counting towards the challenge. When I removed tacticals and got bash kills they counted. It was indeed rough at times.

Either that or Treyarch just don't like me.

So, you just have to have the Assault Shield the only thing equipped for the "No weapons equipped" challenge? I thought it meant you had to pick up an AS while using a blank class or something :S
---
|PSN: Shenjii|
If my posts are a wall of text, it's because I'm on my phone. :)
#9drewthebluePosted 2/1/2013 6:52:32 AM
colum24 posted...

You can equip tacticals because im in the process of golding my shield and use concussion grenades and it still counts towards that challenge.. But you cant use tactician and have 4 tac slots.
#10colum24Posted 2/1/2013 9:26:51 AM
drewtheblue posted...
colum24 posted...

You can equip tacticals because im in the process of golding my shield and use concussion grenades and it still counts towards that challenge.. But you cant use tactician and have 4 tac slots.

Well Treyarch must hate me then because it didn't work for me when I golded my shield.

Still it was fun trying to get the bash kills without using tactical equipment.