C/D : R870 takes no skill to use

#1RedBolluPosted 2/1/2013 2:35:31 PM
I was playing a FFA today and killed someone with the R870. He was like wah wah wah it takes no skill to use that gun blah blah blah you know how it goes. I don't particularly care but I was interested to see what GFaqs bros think.
---
Valleys of Neptune
#2kuterPosted 2/1/2013 2:37:42 PM
If you miss your first shot, it's either you die, or they aim bad and you kill them. Could say the same thing about automatics...takes no skill to use :l
#3OnDiscDLCPosted 2/1/2013 2:38:25 PM
You have to be able to aim, so yes it takes skill. I don't understand why people are complaining about shottys in this CoD all of a sudden.
#4Jeric735Posted 2/1/2013 2:42:07 PM
It's pretty much the only thing that can take me down on a regular basis when I run around with dual handguns - but it's definitely not a skill-less gun. Despite its high damage, you've still got to pick your shots and try to be as accurate as possible, especially if your target is effectively creating distance and turning corners to throw you off.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#5Number1SurvivorPosted 2/1/2013 2:42:58 PM
D.

Sure, it's a OHK, but you have to aim your shots well, and you have to put up with the (relatively slow) pump action. Whereas with an SMG you can just hold down R1 and run around like a kid with ADHD, the Remington does require a lot of aiming and a lot of timing your shots. And even then, if its slightly off, you might just get a hitmarker and one pissed enemy.
---
IQ was ancient when I first joined. He's really not IQ anymore he's Alzheimers - Joker0_0 on MrIQ
Somebody kill Bobby Kotick already.
#6Re2ismyFavPosted 2/1/2013 3:03:41 PM
Confirm.

my grandmother could go HAM with it. she got arthritis too
---
psn - LeeTl-_-lFACE .... will work for Good Connection
#7Weiland101Posted 2/1/2013 3:10:12 PM
D

It just takes less "skill" (I use this term loosely) than all the other guns.
#8SUUPER_INJUN69Posted 2/1/2013 5:39:09 PM
OnDiscDLC posted...
You have to be able to aim, so yes it takes skill. I don't understand why people are complaining about shottys in this CoD all of a sudden.

They've cried since cod4 .
#9LuneyToonzPosted 2/1/2013 5:41:18 PM
SUUPER_INJUN69 posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...

They've cried since cod4 .

This.

I think Re2 up there actually commented in a topic back in the CoD4 days saying the M1014 was OP.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/m82ux5.jpg <--- hehehe.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSlowMotion91 <-- Check it! All free, all fun.
#10MysteryMan0o0Posted 2/1/2013 5:43:17 PM
C

But who are we kidding? CoD barely takes any skill at all...
---
Nothing urges me to set things right more than seeing them done wrong...
Like it or not, criticism is art, not altruism, and those two things are not the same.