Doesn't a Sniper = A Glorafide Camper?

#11MindBogglesPosted 2/2/2013 5:07:42 AM
buzzerr3 posted...

If you're gonna snipe by firing 8 rounds at me from the sv.. then you are much better off if you used the FAL.

Right. If you run around with FAL and stock, its like a better, mobile version of a spamming sniper.
#12harlem545Posted 2/2/2013 5:31:57 AM
Eat Man posted...
snipers are campers hiding behind a fake title of "skilled shooter" who pretend they are elite cuz they can hit a guy's foot when are firing 6 times semiautomatically from behind a rock in their spawn towards an objective in the middle of the map.

actually that's my favorite things about CoD snipers. In the killcam you see them very methodically lining up a shot on you, very patiently squeezing off one round, which completely misses, then in a panic they rapidly blast 3-5 more times and one shot grazes a limb and you die.

elite shooting.

---
Official Facepalm of the PS3 boards. BANG BANG
PSN: harlem545 or wii-remote545
#13deoxxysPosted 2/2/2013 7:21:55 AM
sillybulanston posted...
glorafide.

sorry that's all i came in this topic to say.

---
"Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that.."
Steam: psn_deoxxys
#14Ronson_6Posted 2/2/2013 8:59:42 AM
xReflectingGodx posted...
Eat Man posted...
snipers are campers hiding behind a fake title of "skilled shooter" who pretend they are elite cuz they can hit a guy's foot when are firing 6 times semiautomatically from behind a rock in their spawn towards an objective in the middle of the map.

actually that's my favorite things about CoD snipers. In the killcam you see them very methodically lining up a shot on you, very patiently squeezing off one round, which completely misses, then in a panic they rapidly blast 3-5 more times and one shot grazes a limb and you die.

elite shooting.

Then they shouldn't be sniping. I always laugh when I see and hear the SVU going off in a panic.

I've been using the SVU lately and I never had the need to go into Hardcore because its too damn easy to go for headshots. Nuketown = No need for Hardcore. I don't understand why everyone complains about it and says "awwww this gun is garbage and you gotta do it in hardcore for gold". It just takes some getting used to. I got all of the camos and attachments within a few hours of using it so hardcore wouldn't have made a difference for me. I don't panic when I see someone with it (although I've seen a TON of the ones you're referring to lol) but I'll take 3 or 4 placed shots. If I die, then it wasn't meant to be.

Thats being said, I think I was playing with Idiots XD I was sniping from the garage in the yellow building and this one guy who was trying to snipe someone else on my team would go back to the same damn spot and I'd kill the poor bastard again. ended up that game going 81-23 on Domination with 41 1 Shot kills with the SVU and 60+ headshots (some headshots didn't count as some of them were already damaged either by my teammates or me shooting and missing the head first shot.
---
What are you looking down here for? My post is up there.
#15Greg_thestrangePosted 2/2/2013 5:45:31 PM
A sniper who is camping is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. They are using the gun as it is intended to be used. Quick scopers are annoying and frankly, the two or three that have told me it takes "skill and practice" to do it are full of it. I tried it in one round a couple weeks back and kill the guy that was QSing with his own gun like 8 times in a row... on my first attempt. So I won't hear that excuse. Use the gun as intended please.

Yes, a sniper is basically a camper, but in my book he gets the pass on it because he is using the gun as intended. The turd laying in the same place, facing the door with an AN-94 however... I got you in my sights and I plan to ruin your time in that lobby.

I even treat them differently.. albeit mildly. I still go after them as soon as I respawn, but I tend to just kill the sniper, but for the camper, I go in for an easy headshot. Sometimes do a 360 before firing just to make a point (assuming the watch the killcam... but otherwise it's just funny).
---
Made of Earth, Formed of Water, Kilned in Fire, and Sings with the Wind. Ocarinas are Born of the World and Loved by the World.
PSN: Gregory_H64735
#16buttcobellPosted 2/2/2013 6:54:57 PM
Nothing more satisfying than the rage a OHK from across the map creates.
#17Ronson_6Posted 2/4/2013 2:06:51 PM
buttcobell posted...
Nothing more satisfying than the rage a OHK from across the map creates.

especially with an SVU against a guy who just thought he was going to set up shop and camp it out with an LMG with a target finder XD
---
What are you looking down here for? My post is up there.
#18LucarioFan4EverPosted 2/4/2013 2:31:40 PM
Camping is sitting in corner waiting for someone to cross your sights.

Sniping is using a sniper rifle CORRECTLY.AKA,not 72O quikskopez and trikshottzz.
You sit and snipe,and it is just playing the game with a GOOD strategy.
---
Not changing this signature until Resident Evil 6 Versus comes to PS3.
Currently Playing-Why do you even care?
#19jfki11aPosted 2/4/2013 2:51:41 PM
I'm the top sniper in the u.s. bo2 servers. I've been expertly traned in virtual gorilla warfare. And you have the nerve to call me a glorafide camper? I ain't no dirty f****** hider, I'm right here in mah window, why don't you come get me tough guy? Oh wait ya cant. My shock charges and betties make good and damn sure of that.
---
Eye laws dug aim
#20sandman9900Posted 2/4/2013 3:04:47 PM
Oh man this is funny. Firstly the word is glorified. Secondly I agree with the guy saying that's what the gun is intended for. In the occasion I do snipe, I don't bother with any semi auto, that's for those who lack skill to kill with one shot. I use a bolt action. And I almost always get a headshot or at the least a chest shot. Set up defenses in a spot, take out an enemy or 2 quickly then pack up and move. Staying in one spot as a sniper is a death wish because people look at the killcam and will actively seek revenge which is easy if they always know where you are. A good sniper travels from spot to spot. Of course it has a degree of danger relying on your backup weapon but it's a lot safer then staying put.
---
2013 PWB Royal Rumble winner.
PSN: sandman000