[solved] secondary/knife bug problem with controller

#1East WestPosted 2/2/2013 5:40:41 AM
i stopped playing this game because sometimes when i pressed R3 it brought out my knife or fired my gun (had it set on tactical layout). kept looking online for a solution but mostly people said i probably panic and pressed the knife button. turns out if was my Dual Shock 3. it works fine in other games but glitches in BLOPS. changed to a sixaxis controller and now it works fine. hopefully other people who have this problem helps them, drove me crazy to lose a kill and knife the air.
---
see you space cowboy
#2Arc86Posted 2/2/2013 5:44:30 AM
Dude. This happened to me, but I figured it out within seconds. Ive heard of about 5 different peoples Dual shock controller messing up like that in BOII. Would be very surprised if others didn't figure it out as quick. It's the controller, not that fact that's its a sixaxis or DS3.. Just they ware over time.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3East West(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:51:50 AM
the controller works perfectly on other games tho. only happens on this game.
---
see you space cowboy
#4xMessiahbolicalPosted 2/2/2013 6:46:00 AM
It's really easy to fix the controller... don't let it go to waste. It's a well known issue with PS3 controllers and takes about 30 minutes and a piece of tape to fix. I've done this to 2 controllers already that had the same problem and they work flawlessly now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnXHaHw1qA

Check that vid and salvage those controllers
---
PSN - xwageslavex