1 Million $ Tournament?

#11creeps_behind_uPosted 2/2/2013 4:23:04 PM
Mosgus posted...
My issue with this is that someone is going to win a million dollars playing Call of Duty.

why are you so concerned with someone making money from playing cod? people make millions of dollars for playing sports and some don't even play much and are paid to sit on the bench
---
http://teammks.enjin.com/home
http://www.youtube.com/user/uNbRoKeNsKiLLz
#12sithgod513Posted 2/2/2013 4:24:34 PM
I would love to compete in such a thing, not saying id win but I for sure wouldnt do to bad, ive gotten pretty damn good at this game, me and my brothers and friends have some pretty good teamwork, and that would be crazy tight to get that much money lol.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#13MosgusPosted 2/4/2013 4:40:18 AM
creeps_behind_u posted...
Mosgus posted...
My issue with this is that someone is going to win a million dollars playing Call of Duty.

why are you so concerned with someone making money from playing cod? people make millions of dollars for playing sports and some don't even play much and are paid to sit on the bench
When did I ever share an opinion that the sham known as the professional sports industry was really worth the money that goes into it?
#14LucarioFan4EverPosted 2/4/2013 5:50:26 AM
So people can get PAID for camping in a dark corner with a silenced PDW? Oh my,what has the world come to?
---
Not changing this signature until Resident Evil 6 Versus comes to PS3.
Currently Playing-Why do you even care?
#15Jeric735Posted 2/4/2013 6:28:57 AM
1st_BaD_CompanY posted...
“It’s an absolute honor to have players and fans celebrate the thrill of competition on such a grand stage”
“It’s an absolute honor to have players and fans celebrate the thrill of competition on such a grand stage,” said Mark Lamia, Treyarch studio head. “From the very beginning of development for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, we committed to making eSports an integral part of the game, and it’s going to be awesome to watch the best teams in the world battle it out for everyone to see.”

It's a an absolute redundant to have players and fans celebrate the redundancy of competition on such a redundant stage. As someone who wants to go into journalism, this offends me.

...oh, and the tournament sounds silly. I'd probably watch it though, as long as it's not purely camping in SnD.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#16Re2ismyFavPosted 2/4/2013 7:41:37 AM
ps3 gets no love because they have far less teams.

So sick that you can actually grind league play on the xbox and get an entry to this tournament.
---
psn - LeeTl-_-lFACE .... will work for Good Connection
#17BuggybearPosted 2/4/2013 7:51:17 AM
As from my experience, bo2 is in no way fit for a serious competition. With all that lag issues it seems pretty unfair.

The last sessions, when I was host, I did extremely bad. Even in surroundings, when the majority of players stayed the same i was suddenly playomg worse, when I was host.

I thought, ok, this is an arcade style shooter, but now there's a competition?

Has the xbox version less lag issues than the ps3?
---
Warning: does not play well with others.
PSN:BUGGYBEAR2010
#18Asylum_71Posted 2/4/2013 9:21:46 AM(edited)
^ It's a lan tournament...

edit: I'm extremely surprised at the number of you who think this is something remotely new.. What do you mean "now people can get paid. . ."? Have you really never heard of gaming tournaments as a child?
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#19fang27Posted 2/4/2013 10:21:22 AM
Really bummed out that I'm gaming on a PS3 right now.
---
LaMarr Woodley WILL make the Pro Bowl this season
James Harrison + LaMarr Woodley = 30 sacks this season
#20r3flexxPosted 2/4/2013 11:10:22 AM
Number1Survivor posted...
Awesome. I totally want to see several teams of 12 year olds running around with suppressed SMG's killing eachother and swearing loudly.

Tournament is 18+ and no professional CoD gamer has ever used a silencer. Those are 12 year olds in pubs who think they are stealthy.

sithgod513 posted...
I would love to compete in such a thing, not saying id win but I for sure wouldnt do to bad, ive gotten pretty damn good at this game, me and my brothers and friends have some pretty good teamwork, and that would be crazy tight to get that much money lol.

The only way to compete is to be top 8 in league play for xbox or to finish top 8 in MLG Dallas. And those teams are GOOD. They practice for like 10+ hours a day. Not to burst your bubble or anything. Take a look at the video I posted vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

LucarioFan4Ever posted...
So people can get PAID for camping in a dark corner with a silenced PDW? Oh my,what has the world come to?

No.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lxPAxQtqec
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls