League play is awesome (everyone should try it)

#1r3flexxPosted 2/3/2013 8:44:14 AM
I think it's because they took moshpit away, but league play is really fun now in its third season. There are anywhere from 2,500 - 5,000 people in the champions series playlist every day and there are actually really good teams that play. Every other match I played last night was actually challenging. Even if you're not a masters "tier" player, you'll still have fun now since there are so many more people playing it.

In season 2, even though I was masters I consistently played iron-plat players because the playlist was dead and had no one else to throw in my game (100-300 people online). Now that there are more teams playing, I don't even get matched against anything lower than platinum (which is still rare). This means if you're a lower league you'll be placed against people near your rank instead of whoever is available.

They removed ghost and a lot of score streaks (all of the early scorestreaks leading up to hellstorm not including RC car) too so it's not a UAV battle.

Pick up a team and try it!
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls
#2goldenboy1867Posted 2/3/2013 9:08:53 AM
When i play with practice i always win but now im playing with noobs -_-
---
are you saying i can run from a bullet
#3jdotmattinsonPosted 2/3/2013 9:21:09 AM
I don't really get what league play is.

Not to be lazy but would somebody mind summarizing it for me?
---
PSN: Jdot-Mattinson
iOS Game Center: jdotmattinson
#4r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:30:13 AM
jdotmattinson posted...

There are 6 divisions (iron bronze silver gold platinum masters). When you start you take 5 placement matches. Depending on how many of those you win, that determines which league you will be placed in. From that point on you try to move up leagues. To move up in leagues you have to consistently win and it helps to win against players of higher league/rank than you.

Every league has several divisions that players are placed into. To get a higher rank in your division you have to win matches. Each match win can net you anywhere from 10 to 150 points depending on if the team your playing against is a higher rank than you. At the same time, if you lose a match you will lose anywhere from 10 to 150 points. The ranking is based on total points. Your rank in your division has nothing to do with getting promoted to the next league it's just so that if you can't move up divisions, you can at least strive to be the best in your division.
---
#5jdotmattinsonPosted 2/3/2013 3:49:29 PM
r3flexx posted...
jdotmattinson posted...

There are 6 divisions (iron bronze silver gold platinum masters). When you start you take 5 placement matches. Depending on how many of those you win, that determines which league you will be placed in. From that point on you try to move up leagues. To move up in leagues you have to consistently win and it helps to win against players of higher league/rank than you.

Every league has several divisions that players are placed into. To get a higher rank in your division you have to win matches. Each match win can net you anywhere from 10 to 150 points depending on if the team your playing against is a higher rank than you. At the same time, if you lose a match you will lose anywhere from 10 to 150 points. The ranking is based on total points. Your rank in your division has nothing to do with getting promoted to the next league it's just so that if you can't move up divisions, you can at least strive to be the best in your division.

Can you play in parties or is it mercenary style?

Do you still level up and unlock challenges?
---
#6jdotmattinsonPosted 2/3/2013 3:50:39 PM
Thanks for the info.

I think I'll try it.
---
#7indiansfan4444Posted 2/3/2013 3:58:00 PM
jdotmattinson posted...
r3flexx posted...
jdotmattinson posted...

Can you play in parties or is it mercenary style?

Do you still level up and unlock challenges?

Party or solo you have different ranks for each. You do level up too and everything is unlocked for an even playing field. Challenges I'm not sure of.
---
PSN-indiansfan44
#8RPGamer101Posted 2/3/2013 4:57:27 PM
I might give it a try just so I can fill that empty slot
---
PSN: SoundThor
#9Roobs56Posted 2/3/2013 5:14:38 PM
...thats what she said?
#10r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:20:57 PM
Awesome hope it goes well. No challenges get unlocked unfortunately. It's a great way to meet gamers though.
---