Why are aggressive perks practically extinct in this game?

#1NightMare_CowPosted 2/3/2013 11:42:11 AM
Why have all the perk lists since the first Black Ops been scarce of aggressive perks/attachments like Stopping Power, Fireworks and Sonic Boom?

Pretty much all the perks in the game since the first Black Ops pretty much encourage the stealthy playstyle. There should be more perks/attachments other than Toughness/Grenade Launcher that encourage a run-and-gun playstyle.
#2Nick_Chaos007Posted 2/3/2013 11:52:36 AM
Run and Gun?

you mean extreme conditioning, Light weight, tactical mask, Toughness? You could even say flak jacket as running around is going to get you to encounter the random grenade or bouncy betty.

There's 1/3 of the perks right there for run and gun.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#3Weiland101Posted 2/3/2013 1:13:05 PM
You can add Dexterity to that list.

And since Ghost is only useful when you are on the move, well, kind of makes TCs argument pretty redundant and just stupid.
#4Zed7777ZR1Posted 2/3/2013 1:47:53 PM
its not redundant or stupid ...

he's making a real point ...

of course the majority do not want these kind of perks because they deem them overpowered and imbalanced ...

but its true ... there's no perks that increase any offensive parameters ...

no power boost of any kind ...

kind of makes you wonder why do people feel perfectly ok having guns with different power outputs ...
#5OuragonPosted 2/3/2013 8:21:00 PM
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
Run and Gun?

you mean extreme conditioning, Light weight, tactical mask, Toughness? You could even say flak jacket as running around is going to get you to encounter the random grenade or bouncy betty.

Lightweight, extreme conditioning, ghost, dexterity, and scavenger reward moving.

Tac mask is middle of the road, if shock charges did not exist I would strictly use it as a camping tool. I'd personally rather use engineer + emp to rush.

Toughness, awareness, dead silence, hardline, and flak jacket tend to reward camping. Either by making you able to detect approaching enemies (Ha!) or by making you difficult to dislodge.

On topic, I wish the aggressive perks would return. Makes the game faster, and rewards people who can aim.

Stopping power - Increased bullet damage
Danger close - increased explosive damage
Cold blooded - MW2 version
Flak jacket - Blops 1 version, with pro effect
Lightweight - 10% speed boost + no fall damage

Bam. Awesome perk 2 list. When everything is ridiculous, everything is useable
#6OrlandoMagicianPosted 2/3/2013 8:59:23 PM
Ouragon posted...
Nick_Chaos007 posted...
Run and Gun?

Lightweight, extreme conditioning, ghost, dexterity, and scavenger reward moving.

Tac mask is middle of the road, if shock charges did not exist I would strictly use it as a camping tool. I'd personally rather use engineer + emp to rush.

Toughness, awareness, dead silence, hardline, and flak jacket tend to reward camping. Either by making you able to detect approaching enemies (Ha!) or by making you difficult to dislodge.

On topic, I wish the aggressive perks would return. Makes the game faster, and rewards people who can aim.

Stopping power - Increased bullet damage
Danger close - increased explosive damage
Cold blooded - MW2 version
Flak jacket - Blops 1 version, with pro effect
Lightweight - 10% speed boost + no fall damage

Bam. Awesome perk 2 list. When everything is ridiculous, everything is useable

Absolutely no explosive enhancing perks please, and most of the community will say the same. And if so, FJ should negate it. I do highly agree with a 10% boost for lightweight though.

Also, Engineer is much more of a rusher's perk since it shows equipment and suggests enemies nearby.
#7pandaboodooPosted 2/3/2013 9:36:52 PM
The point of the TC is that current perks like lightweight while it makes you move faster its not an actual aggressive perk like danger close, stopping power it instead well...it makes you run faster which is versatile not aggressive

engineer isn't that kind of perk either its actually more of a defensive perk, and ghost doesn't really reward movement or aggression, its more like they force you to move around (a little) as an attempt to lower camping, tac mask defensive as well

I could go on but point is perks are supposed to give an edge to every kind of players so they can play however they want and there is actual strategy and correlation between yor perks and how you play, not just the stealthy kind or run nī gunners with little to no difference.

As to why...well i can only think of lack of time or lack of imagination
---
wingzerosys:culmination? Knux chao:It means invest in a ****ing dictionary.
#8harlem545Posted 2/3/2013 9:42:17 PM
IMO explosive damage add is needed. I'm a demolition man who hate seeing an RPG blow it 5 feet away from an enemy and they leave with no scratches. It's been like this since BO
---
Official Facepalm of the PS3 boards. BANG BANG
PSN: harlem545 or wii-remote545
#9draygoonPosted 2/3/2013 10:04:09 PM
Ok, tac mask can be aggressive. Toss concussion or flash and rush a room as they go off. You shrug off the damage and anyone not equipped is stunned. Ghost is almost effective since it keeps you hidden while rushing/flanking. What they did was make more perks that can go either way. Stronger bullets is purely offensive so is stronger explosives. Not sure on others since I came in on BO1.
#10UnosMundosPosted 2/3/2013 11:10:25 PM
I think that the reason Stopping Power and Juggernaut were removed are pretty well known . . . if they are present, players have basically no choice but to use one or the other. And experience shows that the default option will be Stopping Power. Removing OP perks makes other perks more attractive, encouraging variety. As for the explosives perks, well, the developers want to encourage people to use guns to kill each other. You can go on all day about how explosives take skill to use, they balanced them with Flack Jacket, etc etc, but overly powerful explosives make for an obnoxious gameplay experience and that's probably why they've been scaling back on the efficacy of them for a while now.
---
Now Playing: Resonance of Fate, FF XIII-2, Disgaea 3, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Black Ops II. Not necessarily in that order.