Shotguns need to be nerfed

#21Eat ManPosted 2/3/2013 3:01:57 PM
another smg user absolutely furious that his derp gun doesn't hard counter yet another class of guns in that class' specialty. it's not enough that smgs dominate mid and mid-far range which is 95% of the game, but they must auto win every cqb as well.
---
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
#22MiniVirus2Posted 2/3/2013 5:25:01 PM
blaze9990 posted...
Seriously, most OP **** I have ever had the misfortune to be killed by. Their OHK range is absolutely ridiculous. In a 1 on 1 fight against a shotgun user, you can hold the trigger for a second and a half but they'll just tap R1 and you're dead.

ITT: A TC who started playing CoD during MW3.

Seriously, try playing MW2 and then tell me BO2 shotguns are overpowered. Anyone who thinks these shotguns are too good, have lost any credibility IMO. If you wanna blame something, blame lag. BO2 probably has one of the weakest set of shotguns to date.
---
R.I.P. DIO
#233500zPosted 2/3/2013 5:33:53 PM
blaze9990 posted...
kuter posted...
Then stop rushing with ur smg/sniper camping/class thinking ur invincible, just because they pick you off first

So I should camp? When someone comes running at me with a shotgun and I shoot them first and I'm 15 feet away they kill me, so what are you suggesting?

The R870 is not the problem in this game. It's TOUGHNESS...IMO this is the reason you shoot fist but they kill you. Not counting the lag of course.

You shoot them and they should flinch and cannot fire their weapon. That!

Toughness is damn overpowered in this game. They really need to adjust some of the perks.

Lightweight - Toughness - Extreme conditioning all need to be in the same tier. That's why they are overpowered. Everyone using all 3 perks.
---
Guns Don't Kill People, Lag Does~!
#24SUUPER_INJUN69Posted 2/3/2013 5:42:08 PM
ITT: very bad and whiny players.

I'd like to see op use the m1216 and upload the gameplay showing us the "op" power of them.
#25adz_91Posted 2/3/2013 5:48:05 PM
Mr_GreenX posted...
That's pretty much the point of a shotgun.

---
Until we meet again...
#26ghettoghost45Posted 2/3/2013 7:05:31 PM
blaze9990 posted...
Seriously, most OP **** I have ever had the misfortune to be killed by. Their OHK range is absolutely ridiculous. In a 1 on 1 fight against a shotgun user, you can hold the trigger for a second and a half but they'll just tap R1 and you're dead.

Awwwwww.....Muffin.....
#27dpcdominoPosted 2/5/2013 10:54:41 AM
Have you used the shotguns and tried yourself?

For me, I diamond camoed the SMGs and moved onto the shotguns. Their OHK is quite short of a distance. Even though most maps are small-ish, the openings tend to be larger than the OHK range and it can be rough.

They are terrific close range but you need to be close to utilize that so it has its counterbalance.

I have found that Shotties are quite fun on Carrier with Lightweight and Marathon but I suck with them on Hijacked so map size is not always the decider.
#28indiansfan4444Posted 2/5/2013 11:16:51 AM(edited)
The shotguns only kill in 1 shot at very close range unless you are very lucky at max range. Most smgs are still killing in 4 shots when the shotguns can't hit anything. Plus the simple fact that the pellets drop to such a low damage that it is possible to get 3 hit markers with the s12 and m1216 in hardcore and not kill somebody when 1 bullet from any other gun kills you. The guns aren't op people just don't know how to react to them.
---
PSN-indiansfan44
#29dmbrown81Posted 2/5/2013 11:31:35 AM
dpcdomino posted...
Have you used the shotguns and tried yourself?

For me, I diamond camoed the SMGs and moved onto the shotguns. Their OHK is quite short of a distance. Even though most maps are small-ish, the openings tend to be larger than the OHK range and it can be rough.

They are terrific close range but you need to be close to utilize that so it has its counterbalance.

I have found that Shotties are quite fun on Carrier with Lightweight and Marathon but I suck with them on Hijacked so map size is not always the decider.

This is so true. I suck terribly with shotguns on Hijacked unless I just sit and camp one room. But for the most part I can't pull off big kill streaks. But maps like Yemen, Standoff and Turbine I almost never die because I can flank easier and always on the move.

I use a KSG with Silencer and Stock. Ghost/Lightweight/Hardwired(Say what you want to say about this perk but it helps out extremely when you want flank a lot)/Tac-Mask or engineer. With 2 concussions
#30DeanToskicPosted 2/5/2013 11:55:16 AM
SUUPER_INJUN69 posted...
ITT: very bad and whiny players.

I'd like to see op use the m1216 and upload the gameplay showing us the "op" power of them.

This.

Im a Shotgunner, and have golded them all and am working on the M1216. This thing is a nightmare man. Easily the worst of the Shotguns.