Scuf Controller?

#1sece1212Posted 2/4/2013 3:04:22 AM
Anyone have this controller? Just want some reviews on this before I make any decisions for this controller. I am interested in this controller but wary of spending more than 60$ for a controller....

Feedback! :)
---
PSN-sece1212
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/bb2pkge
#2BURL32Posted 2/4/2013 4:12:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3BURL32Posted 2/4/2013 4:18:47 AM
BURL32 posted...
sece1212 posted...
Anyone have this controller? Just want some reviews on this before I make any decisions for this controller. I am interested in this controller but wary of spending more than 60$ for a controller....

Feedback! :)

Idk but in my opinion the only controllers that I've found worth 60 bucks is the ole Siaxis Controllers. There is one controller that you should check out though, it has great reviews it's called The Snake Byte wireless controller. Uses bluetooth and is compatible with your PS3 system. Just google it

---
~~~Behold a red horse and its rider WAR was given power to take peace from earth and to make men slay each other.To him was given a massive sword.: Psn BURL32
#4_Deadeye_CM_Posted 2/4/2013 10:13:27 AM(edited)
I don't have a scuf controller, but I wonder why you want one. Th PS3 controller is already extremely compact, enough to hit all of the buttons pretty easily. If you want a controller to help you get better, I suggest going completely third party. Do you like the shape of the DualShock 3? What about compared to a 360 controller? I hate the analog sticks on my DS3, I hate the triggers, I hate the face buttons, I hate the overall ergonomics, etc. It's too small to hold comfortably while playing an FPS, and because of that, I bought something else.

Enter the Power A FUS1ON something something controller. Out of the box, it's got two sets of grips, top and bottom, so you can customize them quite a bit. I have the bottoms rubberized, and the top left rubberized. The only grip piece I left plastic is the top right so I can still move my hand slightly while moving my fingers. It's got 360 ergos simplified, so it's thinner and lighter. The analog sticks are concave, and are huge. Somehow, they're lightning fast and after using the controller since BO2 came out, I haven't felt any wearing out at all.

One potential downside for some users is the fact that it's wired. They decided to keep it wired to cut down on any input lag, and the wire has some sort of coating on it. Plastic, maybe? Possibly even some kind of harder material like carbon. But yeah, the cord is about as thick as your average Ethernet Cat5e cable, and it looks tough. My boxer puppy chewed on the cord for a few minutes while I wasn't paying attention, and the only damage was a ton of slobber.

Anyway, man, I know your topic probably wasn't headed this way, but I wanted to let you know about a controller I happened to stumble upon a few months ago, and give some sort of review. When I bought it, there was literally one review that I could did on the Internet, and it was a 30 second video from someone on YouTube.

Edit: And just for clarification, I use my index finger for jumping, crouching, switching weapon, and picking up weapons, all while in pretty much the same position. I have the tip of my index finger resting on square, and the first finger joint resting on triangle. To jump or crouch, I jus slide my finger a half inch. Easy peasy.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#5Asylum_71Posted 2/4/2013 9:59:43 AM
No, I don't own one. Everyone I know who does have one is definitely appreciative of it though. It's a great controller. It's not anything like your average 3rd party controller (which is what most people seem to think), but it's pretty much a modded controller by definition so.. you'll get a lot of hate for bunny hopping constantly without much effort.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#6sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:18:30 AM
Haha, thanks for the reply guys :) I went ahead and purchased it today but realized that there's a possibility of the PS4 being announced Feb. 20th which makes me feel like this investment won't be worth it's cost... :/
---
PSN-sece1212
#7supertomato_13Posted 2/4/2013 10:28:16 AM
It's worth the price, don't worry about that.
#8sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:30:41 AM
supertomato_13 posted...
It's worth the price, don't worry about that.

Hope you're right! Just want a little edge while playing and if I don't like it, I'll find someway to sell it... I hope... Was there a steep learning curve when you guys first used it?
---
PSN-sece1212
#9supertomato_13Posted 2/4/2013 10:39:27 AM
sece1212 posted...
Was there a steep learning curve when you guys first used it?

Not really... Just remember to use the back buttons instead of taking your thumbs off the sticks.

Because of the grippy stuff they put on the controller it's really comfy.

Which one did you order? I got a pinky, lol.
#10Re2ismyFavPosted 2/4/2013 11:03:42 AM
i use the claw grip on the ps3 control but I think it is better suited for the 360 control. the claw lets you hit the X button to jump while keeping maintaining your aim...

the problem is that you need to keep a certain grip on it to be to able to use the grip properly. I find it cramps my hands after extended sessions and is uncomfortable. Big problem is my grip slipping on the control as well.

Since the price of a ps3 control is 60$ (which I think is nuts...), I may as well spend a bit extra to get a controller that complements my play style.
---
psn - LeeTl-_-lFACE .... will work for Good Connection