Pub lobbies: Host = disadvantage and cry lag comp. Pro scrim: Host = win

#1r3flexxPosted 2/5/2013 7:33:25 AM
wutt?

Guess randoms know more about the game then people who dedicate their lives to it... or maybe it's just another excuse for being bad.

inb4bizz
---
PSN: ddflex add xFinland for Dark Souls
#2_Deadeye_CM_Posted 2/5/2013 7:35:34 AM
I pull host frequently and don't notice a difference either way.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye
#3Madden68Posted 2/5/2013 7:46:07 AM
I have definitley had games were I felt at a disadvantage and can't get a hit marker to save my life and if I back out, I notice the host migration just as I leave. I've had bad games were I could have sworn I was the host but I wasn't.

When I have great games, I don't care enough to check whether I am host or not, so it doesn't matter. Fact is lag has a great deal to do with how successful you are at this game.
#4M14PROPosted 2/5/2013 7:47:22 AM
I do get lag when I play with my brother, and he has lesser Internet.i found myself being host when we partied up I'm getting killed twenty feet after I turn a corner seeing kill cam I'm getting shot ten seconds even before I hit the corner no blood on my screen it's like going against full auto Dsr user I'm getting ohk at distance by a vector. I use the smr not being host I can drop people with three shots as host half a clip.

It's sad really to use my Internet to host your game and then punish me for it. I still like blops2 or I wouldn't play it. Just dumb.
---
PSN- Makbains-Revenge swat 5.56 six do work
#5r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:52:48 AM
Indeed it does. It is an online game. The fact of the matter is that randoms and professional CoD gamers have exact opposite views. To a random a 3bar is godmode and a 4bar is a death sentence and to a pro gamer a 4bar is godmode and a 3bar is a death sentence.

There are some players who absolutely eat my bullets too (a lot, actually). I always manage to work through it and break at the very least double positive (unless I'm playing competitive). Lag is a factor, but it is never a deciding factor besides on very rare occasion. Skill will triumph over lag 9 times out of 10.
---
#6darkshadowmasterPosted 2/5/2013 8:00:46 AM(edited)
For me:
Being host with all 4 bars in room: Tolerable
Being host and not having EVERYONE at 4 bars in room: Death sentence
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#7r3flexx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:00:05 AM
M14PRO posted...
I do get lag when I play with my brother, and he has lesser Internet.i found myself being host when we partied up I'm getting killed twenty feet after I turn a corner seeing kill cam I'm getting shot ten seconds even before I hit the corner no blood on my screen it's like going against full auto Dsr user I'm getting ohk at distance by a vector. I use the smr not being host I can drop people with three shots as host half a clip.

It's sad really to use my Internet to host your game and then punish me for it. I still like blops2 or I wouldn't play it. Just dumb.

ya...

This is what I'm talking about guys. It's just randoms and their excuses. And don't bother linking me to some ass video about lag comp that no one has ever actually ran into in game. I don't know if you realize it or not, but every single time anyone watches a killcam it will always seem like their screen is behind the enemy's. Everyone is behind everyone else's game.

Again, you don't know more about people who dedicate their lives to this game. They have much more credibility then a crying noob looking for an excuse as to why their k/d isn't 4.0

Word to the wise: spend your time getting better at the game rather than looking for excuses as to why you aren't as good as you think you are.
---
#8Crzy89Posted 2/5/2013 9:39:34 AM
The difference is, the Pros don't play online across the entire US. They play local offline LAN which is a much smoother experience then the multiplayers crappy P2P. And if you have a good-great connection, the P2P system that's in place actually makes you lag more than the people stealing internet from their local McDonalds.

Host is honestly 50/50 for me, some games it's completely unplayable and others everything registers normally. If you don't see the blatant lag compensation, then you either don't have a good connection or this is your first CoD game and you have nothing to compare it to.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xCrzy89x/stats/211730747/ps3/
#9M14PROPosted 2/5/2013 9:50:32 AM
So relex not only is kill cam decieving me my eyes are to when I see for myself I'm around a corner and fall over dead or theatre mode is lying as well. You are either trolling or a idiot from the broken camera and lag comp. I understand that cod games have wtf moments but for a whole match I do poorly then back out I am informed host migration meaning I was host join another match and do well this game is not competitive it when people gimp there internet and do better then what.
---
PSN- Makbains-Revenge swat 5.56 six do work
#10_Deadeye_CM_Posted 2/5/2013 10:43:06 AM
M14PRO posted...
So relex not only is kill cam decieving me my eyes are to when I see for myself I'm around a corner and fall over dead or theatre mode is lying as well. You are either trolling or a idiot from the broken camera and lag comp. I understand that cod games have wtf moments but for a whole match I do poorly then back out I am informed host migration meaning I was host join another match and do well this game is not competitive it when people gimp there internet and do better then what.

Yeah, man, good job pointing out that you had lag. Lag is lag, whether you're host or not. It's as simple as that. If you get ou into lobbies where you can't get over the lag, leave.
---
---
PSN: MisterDeadeye