Spm and K/D.

#1sece1212Posted 2/6/2013 7:42:35 AM(edited)
What SPM and K/D in your eyes qualify as either a great, good, average, and bad player? - Results (20 votes)
2+ K/D + 500+ SPM
35% (7 votes)
2.5+ K/D + 400+ SPM
15% (3 votes)
3+ K/D + 300+ SPM
10% (2 votes)
1+ K/D + 400+ SPM
25% (5 votes)
2+ K/D + 200+ SPM
15% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Explain your rationale as to why that option qualifies as either, great, good, average, and bad if you could.

500 SPM will be the only one to go above a hundred point threshold.

For each option, I.E. option 3, a 300+ SPM will not pass a 400 SPM.

Edit: I believe this poll would best suit players who play mostly objective based game modes. I would also disregard TDM and SND when doing this poll because of the low amount of points.
---
PSN-sece1212
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/bb2pkge
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 2/6/2013 7:23:20 AM
Xbox: 1.78 427 SPM
PS3: 1.31 378 SPM
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3YOTAIncPosted 2/6/2013 7:24:41 AM
Wins makes you a good player. Tracking SPM and KD have ruined FPS games. No one plays objectives anymore.
---
PSN: MacktasticDazzle
I am THE Macktastic Dazzle. Accept no substitutes.
#4sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:33:41 AM(edited)
YOTAInc posted...
Wins makes you a good player. Tracking SPM and KD have ruined FPS games. No one plays objectives anymore.

W/L ratios are flawed as much as SPM and K/D. Wins are heavily reliant on your teammates and a lot of players run solo rather than full parties. Don't get me wrong, I play for the objective which is why my SPM is pretty high. I rather have the win than the K/D any day of the week (win about 81% according to cod elite). However, for this poll, I decided against adding W/L because it doesn't necessarily judge your individual play. I don't want to get too involved in W/L, so I'll show you a topic that relates to this.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/669288-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/65088901

Also, I didn't really want your career stats but I did want a general consensus of what Gfaq players believe is a good player while disregarding W/L. If that sounded rude, I apologize.
---
PSN-sece1212
#5Zed7777ZR1Posted 2/6/2013 7:36:07 AM
while playing TDM ... i noticed that some players finish with a kdr 3.32 each game and thier kill count and death count vary between 40 soemthing and deaths are less than 5 ...

then there's other guys who get 6 kills and no deaths and they end up with a KDR of 6 ...

come to think of it ... i can easily have a high KDR without too much trouble if i play it safe ...
#6sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:37:34 AM
Zed7777ZR1 posted...
while playing TDM ... i noticed that some players finish with a kdr 3.32 each game and thier kill count and death count vary between 40 soemthing and deaths are less than 5 ...

then there's other guys who get 6 kills and no deaths and they end up with a KDR of 6 ...

come to think of it ... i can easily have a high KDR without too much trouble if i play it safe ...

Well, it's then up to you to decipher which player is more important to you while you try to win the game.
---
PSN-sece1212
#7YOTAIncPosted 2/6/2013 7:40:53 AM
I get our point, no doubt. But nonetheless - I don't agree with W/L being as skewed as spm or kd. WL is way better at showing who actually plays correctly. I guess a big reason that I disagree with you (on WL) is that I play almost exclusively by myself and I can reach 50% WL in nearly every COD game. Not bad, not good. But I'm also just an average CoD player. Games like Gotham City IMposters, I ha 500 wins, 108 losses by the time I stopped playing. The BF series I've always had around a 60% WL and I had ZERO friends who played these games.

But again, I see what you're saying regarding the poll. My intention was not to argue here. :)
---
#8sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:45:21 AM
YOTAInc posted...
I get our point, no doubt. But nonetheless - I don't agree with W/L being as skewed as spm or kd. WL is way better at showing who actually plays correctly. I guess a big reason that I disagree with you (on WL) is that I play almost exclusively by myself and I can reach 50% WL in nearly every COD game. Not bad, not good. But I'm also just an average CoD player. Games like Gotham City IMposters, I ha 500 wins, 108 losses by the time I stopped playing. The BF series I've always had around a 60% WL and I had ZERO friends who played these games.

But again, I see what you're saying regarding the poll. My intention was not to argue here. :)

YOTAInc posted...

Haha, I wasn't going to argue. I agree that W/L is a big stat that people overlook a lot. If you want some people to party up with, I would be more than happy to accept a friend request. I love having teammates that can hold their own while playing the objective. It makes the game less stressful and more enjoyable :). I also believe in the last two COD's, it's much harder to carry a team of randoms.
---
PSN-sece1212
#9YOTAIncPosted 2/6/2013 7:46:35 AM
sece1212 posted...
YOTAInc posted...

YOTAInc posted...

Haha, I wasn't going to argue. I agree that W/L is a big stat that people overlook a lot. If you want some people to party up with, I would be more than happy to accept a friend request. I love having teammates that can hold their own while playing the objective. It makes the game less stressful and more enjoyable :). I also believe in the last two COD's, it's much harder to carry a team of randoms.

Heck yeah, buddy! Feel free to add me. MacktasticDazzle. :D
---
#10sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:49:25 AM
YOTAInc posted...
sece1212 posted...
YOTAInc posted...

YOTAInc posted...

Heck yeah, buddy! Feel free to add me. MacktasticDazzle. :D

Alright, I'll add you tonight when I get on :)
---
PSN-sece1212