Spm and K/D.

#11MysteryMan0o0Posted 2/6/2013 7:00:02 AM
none... there is no way to tell a good player, unless you played with them, or seen how they play... whats considered "good" now is inaccurate... but, they catered so much to casuals(or whiners or whatever...), coupled with lag comp, laggy and broken cameras that it cant possibly take much "skill" to be good... so easy game, easy players, easy "skill"...
---
Nothing urges me to set things right more than seeing them done wrong...
Like it or not, criticism is art, not altruism, and those two things are not the same.
#12EvilZ123456Posted 2/6/2013 8:09:58 AM
a player that plays only kill confirmed can have a 350+ spm and under a 1 kdr if all they do is dash for tags , which doesn't really show any skill except being a thief probably lol
---
-Hiltz(NA/EU/JP)
#13UbderDudePosted 2/6/2013 10:40:58 AM
None of the above. KD=1.16 and SPM=229. I feel like I am decent. I do try and go for wins/losses and I do not obsess over my KD ratio
---
All glory to the Hypno Toad!
#14sece1212(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:03:58 AM
EvilZ123456 posted...
a player that plays only kill confirmed can have a 350+ spm and under a 1 kdr if all they do is dash for tags , which doesn't really show any skill except being a thief probably lol

lol, well that's why I'm asking for your personal opinion of whether those players are good or not. I gave a few options, not a whole lot :/

UbderDude posted...
None of the above. KD=1.16 and SPM=229. I feel like I am decent. I do try and go for wins/losses and I do not obsess over my KD ratio

Well, I'm glad you play to win, but I have a question to ask. Do you play objective based game modes like Domination, Kill Confirmed, Hard Point, because that SPM is a bit low for those game modes, no offense, of course.
---
PSN-sece1212
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/bb2pkge
#15DtheBruiserPosted 2/6/2013 11:27:01 AM
"What SPM and K/D in your eyes qualify as either a great, good, average, and bad player?"I

um....what?

I dont know what single answer could qualify someone and a great, good, average AND bad player
---
Want to learn how to procrastinate like me? I'll tell you how tomorrow
#16UbderDudePosted 2/6/2013 11:32:32 AM
sece1212 posted...
EvilZ123456 posted...

lol, well that's why I'm asking for your personal opinion of whether those players are good or not. I gave a few options, not a whole lot :/

UbderDude posted...

Well, I'm glad you play to win, but I have a question to ask. Do you play objective based game modes like Domination, Kill Confirmed, Hard Point, because that SPM is a bit low for those game modes, no offense, of course.

I play TDM almost exclusively. I notice that "good" players on the lobby leader boards have SPMs ranging from the mid to high 200's.
---
All glory to the Hypno Toad!
#17cedieboldPosted 2/6/2013 11:35:19 AM
YOTAInc posted...
Wins makes you a good player. Tracking SPM and KD have ruined FPS games. No one plays objectives anymore.

---
PSN - DuckySolo
Playing: WWE 13 / On-Deck: COD:BLOPS2
#18EtherstreamPosted 2/6/2013 11:47:03 AM
I have:

KDR: 1.16
W/L 3.70
SPM 389

(SPM used to be 470, but Executioner, Shield, Sniper (which im terrible at) Diamond camo's etc bombed it)

I play objective, I play to win, I play rush usually. There are many times I see "better" players than me, as in they kill me a lot more than I kill them but usually they don't go for objective's and have terrible SPM and W/L but thier KDR is 1.35-3.60 so its ok i guess?

Trying to take B point in Dom or Demo, or the HQ/Hardpoint tanks your KDR. Its rare to see someone with higher SPM than me on lobby leaderboards (for most gametypes I am typically 1st in the lobby 9/10 games) but usually if they are they have higher KDR but thier W/L is always something like .60.

Each stat by itself doesn't mean much but when you correlate all 3 you can glean useful information about the player and playstyle.
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#19EvilZ123456Posted 2/6/2013 12:46:29 PM
usually playing tdm on ground war and all i see is players all under a 1 >______>

during kill confirmed the top spm guy on the lobby leaderboard has like 400 spm but like 500 kills - 1000 deaths but 1500 tags capped lol
---
-Hiltz(NA/EU/JP)