Hard-wired now makes your equipment invisible

#1deoxxysPosted 2/6/2013 9:46:43 AM
to engineer users

and a "near" symbol flashes on screen when someone is within explosion radius of your c4, enabling you to hit square once to detonate it.

Are both affects cool? or just the first?
---
"Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that.."
Steam: psn_deoxxys
#2johnwuzhere1993Posted 2/6/2013 10:27:30 AM
first one would make the perk actually somewhat useful, the second one however only works if anyone used c4 like c4 and not like an op grenade.
---
PSN: Johnwuzhere93
Pink pony is best pony
#3iamlegend82Posted 2/6/2013 10:36:35 AM
johnwuzhere1993 posted...
first one would make the perk actually somewhat useful, the second one however only works if anyone used c4 like c4 and not like an op grenade.

Really? C4 is "overpowered" now?
---
it's just plane stupid.
#4RPGamer101Posted 2/6/2013 10:47:47 AM
I don't think he means op just cheap the way people are using it.

How about this to awareness a bit more useable it lets you see plays who use suppressor show up on the map.

That's a lil wordy but I think you get what I mean.
---
PSN: SoundThor
#5iamlegend82Posted 2/6/2013 10:54:58 AM
RPGamer101 posted...
just cheap the way people are using it

I'm still lost. What's wrong with the way people use it? Is the general consensus that you shouldn't be allowed to throw it or something?
---
it's just plane stupid.
#6RPGamer101Posted 2/6/2013 11:00:02 AM(edited)
Yeah throwing C4 as if it's a nade when C4 should be planted.
---
PSN: SoundThor
#7johnwuzhere1993Posted 2/6/2013 10:59:22 AM
iamlegend82 posted...
RPGamer101 posted...

I'm still lost. What's wrong with the way people use it? Is the general consensus that you shouldn't be allowed to throw it or something?

Go chuck a 5lb brick of c4 10 ft. away from you and blow it up and let me know how that works out. For a game that strives so hard for realism. I find it kind of annoying that there's no backblast at the owner like there are with normal grenades, same goes for exploding crossbows but that's another rant entirely.
---
PSN: Johnwuzhere93
Pink pony is best pony
#8TacosnakPosted 2/6/2013 11:05:37 AM
I ALWAYS suicide to my own C4. I detonate it pretty quick though. Good that it won't count unless I get shot before explosion.
---
PSN - Seraphtacosnak
#9Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/6/2013 11:25:41 AM
johnwuzhere1993 posted...
iamlegend82 posted...
RPGamer101 posted...

Go chuck a 5lb brick of c4 10 ft. away from you and blow it up and let me know how that works out. For a game that strives so hard for realism. I find it kind of annoying that there's no backblast at the owner like there are with normal grenades, same goes for exploding crossbows but that's another rant entirely.

This game isn't really known for 'striving for realism'.
#10Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/6/2013 11:27:55 AM
I don't use hard wired or engineer often (I use an engineer class before calling in care packages).

But your topic title is very misleading. From the context of your post, I'm pretty sure this is a "what if" scenario.