Hard-wired now makes your equipment invisible

#21xMessiahbolicalPosted 2/9/2013 6:19:02 AM
ULTIMATE2684 posted...
still not as good as c4 in mw2.

Actually I beg to differ... they're better. Go back and play MW2 again and you'll realize this. Sure, Danger Close and no Flak Jacket made them deadlier than in BO2, but EVERYTHING was deadlier in MW2 than BO2. You also have to take into account that a lot of the maps were literally multiple times the size of some of these BO2 maps. And to make things worse, you couldn't throw them nearly as far or as fast in MW2.

So sure, the C4 might have been more powerful with Danger Close and all that, but you didn't have nearly as many opportunities to use them and spam them right up in people's faces like you do in this game where 90% of your gunfights are in short range and the objectives are in tight spaces where within C4 chucking distance of popular map routes(on most maps).
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#22darkshadowmasterPosted 2/9/2013 6:43:17 AM
xReflectingGodx posted...
I've been using hardwired. My equipment is still being destroyed even when it's in places they can't see. No EMP grenades were used either. This change didn't happen.

/notsureifserious
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#23VrrestoPosted 2/9/2013 7:32:30 AM
I would shift the Engineer trait of delaying Bouncing Betties and Claymores to Hard Wired. It's kind of pointless on Engineer since most people will destroy the equipment they see for points anyway.
#24xReflectingGodxPosted 2/9/2013 7:47:06 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
I've been using hardwired. My equipment is still being destroyed even when it's in places they can't see. No EMP grenades were used either. This change didn't happen.

/notsureifserious

Oh really? Show me a link where it says that it counters engineer and gives you an indication for when people are near C4. Because people are still shooting well his equipment in spots they wouldn't be able to see unless they were next to it, in which case it would go off or be delayed for a moment. I've searched for this and just can't find it.
---
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: Scorpion1085
#25DigitalFury_Posted 2/9/2013 8:25:43 AM
omg... you pathetic bunch of whiney little girls... tell me this: What ISN'T overpowered? My gawd, THROWING C4 and MANUALLY detonating it is now overpowered? Stop ****ing playing the game if you all hate so much about it.

z0mg dat nub yuzed tea eff w/ LmG & then thr3w see-for @ me and maed it asplode! haxx0r op nubcake!
---
R.I.P. Dad, you are my hero and I will always love you 4/18/1948 - 10/22/2011
#26xMessiahbolicalPosted 2/9/2013 8:57:18 AM
DigitalFury_ posted...
omg... you pathetic bunch of whiney little girls... tell me this: What ISN'T overpowered? My gawd, THROWING C4 and MANUALLY detonating it is now overpowered? Stop ****ing playing the game if you all hate so much about it.

z0mg dat nub yuzed tea eff w/ LmG & then thr3w see-for @ me and maed it asplode! haxx0r op nubcake!

There's nothing wrong with C4.

That is... if you had to MANUALLY switch to it before throwing it, rather than just panic C4'ing to try to avoid gunfights like most people do, because they have bad aim. All it is is a crutch that, in it's current form being able to pull it out of your ass and throw it and detonate it so damn fast, dumbs down the overall gunplay and balance of multiplayer.

I mean hell... I'll admit it. I use C4 on the vast majority of my classes. Why not? It's easily the most versatile and dominant weapon in the game. I've gotten so many triple kills and flag defends with it it isn't even funny. When you're running up against a C4 + Scavenger/Danger Close team playing Domination, trying to capture flags is a joke even with Flak Jacket. Most domination matches these days come down to who can camp the B flag and spam it with C4's the most throughout the game... lol
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#27xMessiahbolicalPosted 2/9/2013 9:04:22 AM
Let's just put it this way... I started using C4 in BO1, where you had to actually press Right on the D-Pad to switch to it and I thought it was completely PERFECT in that game. They were powerful, you could throw them extremely far, but you had to switch to them first. It took about 1 second or so before you could actually throw them. And that's great. That's how it should be. I still used them a lot and was really good at them, but I didn't use them the way I, and everyone, uses them in BO2. You had to actually think about how and when you were going to use C4 in Black Ops 1. You didn't just throw them around every corner every single time you think there's an enemy right there. There was a time and place for them. And the Equipment balance in that game was much better because of it.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#28ForceSensitiveXPosted 2/9/2013 9:21:07 AM
1st one isn't too bad. Kinda annoying, and seems like a patch for people who complained about Eningeering, but whatever. 2nd one seems pointless. Everyone uses C4 packs like a giant grenade.
---
var name1 = jdak10.val('identity'); var name2 = unceramonius.val('identity');
if (name1 == name2) { alert('Not surprised...'); }
#29darkshadowmasterPosted 2/9/2013 2:04:20 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...

/notsureifserious

Oh really? Show me a link where it says that it counters engineer and gives you an indication for when people are near C4. Because people are still shooting well his equipment in spots they wouldn't be able to see unless they were next to it, in which case it would go off or be delayed for a moment. I've searched for this and just can't find it.

On the off chance that you are being serious right now, this topic was a question on if people would like this change, not saying it was implemented
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#30AnyNamesLeft1Posted 2/9/2013 2:29:15 PM
xMessiahbolical posted...
destructoclaus posted...
How is C4 overpowered? It's exactly how it's been in all of the other games. It's awesome.

No. It throws faster and farther than in the Modern Warfare series of games(and seems to detonate faster too). You don't have to click Right on the D-Pad to switch to it like you did in COD4, W@W, and Black Ops. You can carry 2 of them and spam them ridiculously fast, especially with Fast Hands, AND you can replenish them with Scavenger and spam them all match long.

I wouldn't mind the C4 in this game if you had to switch to it like in Black Ops 1. But the fact that you can just tap a button to insta-spam it makes it even more of a crutch in my eyes than Panic Knifing in the older games. The range at which you can spam C4 is much farther than even the range of a MW2 Commando Lunge.

And yet, hypocritically, the same people who used to complain about the knife and claimed that you should "have to switch to it instead of just hitting the button and insta-knifing as soon as you see someone", don't see any problem with hitting the button and insta-detonating a C4 in someone's face as soon as you see them. The only difference is that you can chuck C4's around corners, over walls, through windows, etc. I've already seen more "panic C4's" thrown in this game than I've seen panic knifing in any other COD game. EVERYONE uses it anymore. And why shouldn't they? It's THE best weapon in the game. No doubt about it.

You could double tap c4 in the first black ops as well