I really want whatever idiot at Treyarch who came up with the Target Finder to..

#101iToro86Posted 2/7/2013 1:36:43 PM
Ignore this, just the 100th post.
---
PSN: JP86_tb
"Sometimes, a dog's gotta risk it, to get the biscuit"
#102Madden68Posted 2/7/2013 1:40:34 PM
Stryker_Storm posted...
Lots of maps have at least one long line of sight.

Have you ever picked up a target finder and had it light up someone that you would have otherwise missed? Because I have, lots of times.

Sure lots of times and 9 out of 10 times the person in camping in that line of sight with a sniper rifle or what not. So it's a matter of me getting off a couple of shots with an LMG or him getting off one shot with his sniper rifle. Sometimes I win that battle, sometimes I lose.

Also, I am not looking down that line of sight because the TF magically told me someone was there, I'm looking there cause I assume someone is there and the TF is just confirming mine assumption. If I didn't have the TF on the gun I would still make the assumption maybe take a few shots and the hit markers, which I can't believe people don't complain about, would tell me your there.
#103Stryker_StormPosted 2/7/2013 1:46:03 PM
But, but, tgoudy.. putting cold blooded on makes it all okay! say all the pro-TF players everywhere.

And Madden, it's my turn to assume, so I assume that you're a half decent player that knows where the enemy are going to be. But the scrubs don't and need big red diamonds to tell them that there's an enemy in their line of sight.
---
This is my PSN. There are many like it, but this one is mine: StrykerStorm
#104Prototype_1Posted 2/7/2013 1:49:14 PM
Make sure you don't drown in the river you are crying.

Everything has a counter in this game (for the most part). EMP grenades take out anything electrical (including sights, some scorestreaks, tacticals, mini-map, etc), Flak Jacket reduces explosive damage, Blind Eye counters unmanned Scorestreaks from locking on, Hard Wired counters CUAV and EMP (SS and grenades), I could go on. It is with in your ability to use classes that help you adjust for your opposition. Your failure to do so is your own fault. Yes the Target Finder is a crutch for below average to average players, but you can do something about it. There is far too much complaining about the TF. I prefer to use iron sights on most weapons and only use sights to get the calling cards for them and the exp. Beyond that, I rock the iron sights.
---
PSN ID - Ho-Runner
Hey! How -- ah, these pretzels suck... So how's your day been, buddy? - Handsome Jack
#105CorporalJigsorePosted 2/7/2013 1:50:37 PM
Oh, this topic again.
---
PSN: The_Angry_Ewok
#106crimsonfoxm1911Posted 2/7/2013 1:51:03 PM
always hated target finder as well which is why i refuse to use it, i get so much satisfaction out of OHK'ing people with my Ballista and only using iron sights. kinda indirectly tells them "i don't need a sight that aims for you or a fully automatic weapon to kill you" and whats even better is when we pull the trigger at the same time and the pain jump make me shoot them in the head, god love to hear the "WHAT THE FFFFUUUUUUUUU......." when that happens.
---
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/97I76xWl/crimson-fox-dsr.png
#107Stryker_StormPosted 2/7/2013 1:53:38 PM
For the 4th time, we shouldn't be forced to use an otherwise useless perk to counter one OP attachment, hell.. It isn't even a full counter.
---
This is my PSN. There are many like it, but this one is mine: StrykerStorm
#108Madden68Posted 2/7/2013 2:02:21 PM
Stryker_Storm posted...
But, but, tgoudy.. putting cold blooded on makes it all okay! say all the pro-TF players everywhere.

And Madden, it's my turn to assume, so I assume that you're a half decent player that knows where the enemy are going to be. But the scrubs don't and need big red diamonds to tell them that there's an enemy in their line of sight.

And that is when you have to adapt. Someone running an LMG with TF may have the advantage over you in the distance game, but he has a huge disadvantage at the close quarter combat game.

I admit I have TF on a class or two and when I use it I play a different style then when I am running around without it. To me it's just variety and a different way to play every once in a while otherwise things get boring quick. I just wouldn't call it an OP attachment. I can still have good games using it and bad games using it. It doesn't make me a god cod player cause it is attached.

If your an excellent cod player and you use it cause it makes the game even easier, well that's your choice but that would bore me. If you suck at cod and that gives you a little more of an advantage then good for you, it would just be as boring to me to kill scrubs all day cause they suck.
#109tgoudyPosted 2/7/2013 9:33:24 PM
Madden68 posted...
Stryker_Storm posted...

And that is when you have to adapt. Someone running an LMG with TF may have the advantage over you in the distance game, but he has a huge disadvantage at the close quarter combat game.

I admit I have TF on a class or two and when I use it I play a different style then when I am running around without it. To me it's just variety and a different way to play every once in a while otherwise things get boring quick. I just wouldn't call it an OP attachment. I can still have good games using it and bad games using it. It doesn't make me a god cod player cause it is attached.

If your an excellent cod player and you use it cause it makes the game even easier, well that's your choice but that would bore me. If you suck at cod and that gives you a little more of an advantage then good for you, it would just be as boring to me to kill scrubs all day cause they suck.

Like I said before, it's not some magical attachment that turns bad players into COD gods. Bad players are bad players regardless. However, a good player with TF on an LMG can almost single-handedly lock-down an objective against an unorganized team.

Let's use moshpit as an example since if if the TF guy is supported by a team, it's a whole other monster. So we have two unorganized teams. TF guy is protecting a bomb site or B flag. You take the time to flank him which, as you say swings the advantage in your favor (assuming you can get close, which is a big assumption but we'll get to that). Fine, you manage to go around, you shoot TF guy in the ass. He's already cycled his point-streaks at least once, but at least you knock him off the obj. Now, you still have to contend with the rest of his team. Just when you get things cleared out and are taking the obj, guess who's back? TF LMGer. Most of the maps just aren't big enough. Once you kill him, you've got 10 seconds, maybe, before he sets up again. Bottom line, no matter how good you are, you can't take him out, take his team out, AND plant the obj. without support from your team. The only thing that truly swings the momentum in your favor is if you are supported by a good team and/or he's playing with a bunch of mouth-breathing dumbasses that don't know how to support him.

That's best case, though. A good TFer protecting the OBJ isn't going to make it easy. he's probably backed up behind decent cover where there is only two real pathways to get to him. Once he mows down your team approaching from one pathway, he's going to take that break to check his blindside and mow down anyone trying to flank and that big shiny red diamond is going to shine like a beacon anytime he scans.
#110Spetsnaz420Posted 2/7/2013 11:46:47 PM
My beef with the TF is that it's like going against a score streak...it behaves just like one.

The other thing I've noticed is that it almost seems like people have no recoil after firing 50 bullets at me...I watch the kill cam and am not impressed
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420