Ran into my first lag switcher yesterday

#11K4R_Nirvana41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:02:14 AM
TheKingOfKool posted...
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
YOTAInc posted...
They do actually. But you have to report them for 3Arch to know. Thunder posts lag switchers all of the time - and they get Console banned by MS after being reported by Treyarch.

ok then report this guy

Yes, let's report a guy we don't even know. It'd help if you gave us PSN or you know, provided a video of it too...

look at my recent games on elite, S&D on express, we lost 2-4. His PSN is ninja kid or something like that but it has ninja in it
---
PSN: IvanMaldo. #imjusttoogood. www.TeamVvG.com, Lol @ You
#12K4R_Nirvana41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:03:52 AM
YOTAInc posted...
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
YOTAInc posted...
They do actually. But you have to report them for 3Arch to know. Thunder posts lag switchers all of the time - and they get Console banned by MS after being reported by Treyarch.

ok then report this guy

Ummm. You brought it up. Don't hate on me because I gave you an answer that you didn't like.

lol
---
#13YOTAIncPosted 2/7/2013 10:04:40 AM
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
TheKingOfKool posted...
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
YOTAInc posted...

ok then report this guy

Yes, let's report a guy we don't even know. It'd help if you gave us PSN or you know, provided a video of it too...

look at my recent games on elite, S&D on express, we lost 2-4. His PSN is ninja kid or something like that but it has ninja in it

I like how this guy gets an answer and then decides he doesn't want to do it.
---
PSN: MacktasticDazzle
I am THE Macktastic Dazzle. Accept no substitutes.
#14ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/7/2013 10:09:58 AM
MinnesotaBurns posts all sorts of videos of cheaters and boosters.

I believe he's up to 21 gamertags banned and 6 XBOX's console banned... Just for reporting people and harassing the boosters and cheaters, calling them out on youtube.

Yea, some great stuff Activision/Treyarch do.
#15darkshadowmasterPosted 2/7/2013 10:31:41 AM
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
YOTAInc posted...
Why is it Treyarchs fault? Lag switching has been around for years.

because they don't do anything about it and probably never will.

If you mean to prevent it then it's not possible. There is no way for the game to tell if you are lag switching or having an issue with a horrible network connection.

The most they can do against lag switchers is punish, there is no preventing it that wouldn't end up doing more harm than good.

Now If you mean they won't punish for it, then that is stupid.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#16ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/7/2013 10:34:59 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
YOTAInc posted...

If you mean to prevent it then it's not possible. There is no way for the game to tell if you are lag switching or having an issue with a horrible network connection.

The most they can do against lag switchers is punish, there is no preventing it that wouldn't end up doing more harm than good.

They should just automatically disconnect you if you're internet is having that much trouble playing the game online. Having dedicated servers (to my knowledge) won't allow lag switching to happen.

Lag switching shouldn't even have your stats reset. It should be your console is automatically banned from Activision servers (for all games) and your PSN name banned as well (from Sony themselves).
#17darkshadowmasterPosted 2/7/2013 10:38:53 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...

They should just automatically disconnect you if you're internet is having that much trouble playing the game online. Having dedicated servers (to my knowledge) won't allow lag switching to happen.

The only issue with that is every time someone got a small lag spike they would be kicked offline.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#18YOTAIncPosted 2/7/2013 11:43:59 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
K4R_Nirvana41 posted...
YOTAInc posted...

Lag switching shouldn't even have your stats reset. It should be your console is automatically banned from Activision servers (for all games) and your PSN name banned as well (from Sony themselves).

That's so damn ingnorant. Your solution is fail, sir.
---
PSN: MacktasticDazzle
I am THE Macktastic Dazzle. Accept no substitutes.
#19FlibbithPosted 2/7/2013 12:21:02 PM
ARGGG, that match pissed me off so much so i pulled my cord :\
---
Pretty in Pink.
#20K4R_Nirvana41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:28:41 PM
Flibbith posted...
ARGGG, that match pissed me off so much so i pulled my cord :\

you, me, and 2 others did as well LMAO
---