Are EMP grenades and concussions too powerful?

#1Nick_Chaos007Posted 2/7/2013 7:02:15 PM
Well, are they? - Results (194 votes)
Yes, both of them.
12.89% (25 votes)
Yes, EMP only though
19.07% (37 votes)
Yes, Concussion only though
19.59% (38 votes)
No
48.45% (94 votes)
This poll is now closed.
First, off..EMP's are broken imo. It's the only grenade that works through walls. To give you the worst example, on hijacked you can be hit with EMP grenades while under the deck when someone throws them from up top. They also end up working through walls. For their actual effect, 10 seconds and just 1 usually destroys guardians and sentry guns. If you carry 2 then BOOM kill streak is destroyed, including A.G.R. which survives rocket blows. They even kill dragonfires.

Concussions also are incredibly strong. Lasting 10 seconds completely immobilizing people. Flash don't last that long and you need to hit them in front and even then you can possible still see well enough to still fight. Concussion lands anywhere around you and you're paralyzed. Plus you know what type of affect you have when concussion hits, I don't know what I'm getting with flash grandes.

Just run around with tactical wild card and load up x2 flash and EMP, and just launch them all over the map. with scavenger it's one of the most annoying things in the game...I love it.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#2RidortPosted 2/7/2013 7:03:51 PM
Flash works behind as well.
#3Tempest717Posted 2/7/2013 7:32:59 PM
Unrelated, but how the hell can the AGR and Dragonfire survive a missile hitting them, but these much larger planes and helicopters can't?
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#4Nick_Chaos007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:36:36 PM
Tempest717 posted...
Unrelated, but how the hell can the AGR and Dragonfire survive a missile hitting them, but these much larger planes and helicopters can't?

Dragonfire doesn't, AGR can survive 2. At least it kept coming after I fired 2 locked on missles at it.

Considering you can naturally equip 2 EMP and that is enough to destroy virtually any kill streak that isn't in the air (not including dragonfire) that's pretty damn powerful.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#5xXsabbathXxPosted 2/7/2013 8:03:46 PM
I think the EMP is well balanced.

Seeing as how you cant just sneak up behind a sentry gun and knife it to disable it....the EMP is the next best way to disable enemy electronics.

Concussions are the same way they have been in every single other CoD before this. Theres nothing wrong with them and if you honestly are going to complain about them its because Treyarch removed all other "Broken" things and so you've ran out of things to complain about therefore you chose to complain about concussion grenades.

in BO1 the back up complaint was Ghost/Flak Jacket
#6NashtheLionPosted 2/7/2013 8:37:07 PM
This is why I rock a Scav class with 2 EMP + Flash when I play dat boat.

Either adapt or get out. I think there balanced.
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#7Weiland101Posted 2/7/2013 9:37:52 PM
I never run anything that can be destroyed by an EMP grenade so they don't bother me at all.
#8xReflectingGodxPosted 2/7/2013 9:40:11 PM
Do you know what EMP means? A wall isn't going to stop it. It works how its supposed to. It fries electronics, rendering them useless. And missiles taking down planes? Hmm... Maybe because it explodes on impact and those planes are full of gas, which is highly combustible.
---
PSN: Spaghetti_Socks XBL: Scorpion1085
#9iToro86Posted 2/7/2013 9:46:31 PM
The only thing I hate about concussions is that you can't see your teammates name above them, so you can't tell who's on which side without looking dumb.
---
PSN: JP86_tb
"Sometimes, a dog's gotta risk it, to get the biscuit"
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 2/8/2013 2:30:55 AM
I think concussions last too long...other than that they're fine. EMPs are fine as is. If you don't like your sentry dying to EMPs try using trophies
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420