Are EMP grenades and concussions too powerful?

#21SDR1845Posted 2/8/2013 6:20:40 AM
You know a game is balanced when there's complaints about almost every perk, weapon, attachment, secondary, and grenade.
#22Lord_XandrosPosted 2/8/2013 6:34:56 AM
Asylum_71 posted...
....more of you think the concussions are OP than the EMP? lmao

Seriously... I mean just equip tact mask and call it a day.

I believe I've read on this forum several times "If I need to equip a perk to counter an item, that item is unbalanced". It's ridiculous, people don't want to equip a counter and would rather complain about whatever they can't counter.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#23Soul_IntruderPosted 2/8/2013 7:05:10 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Soul_Intruder posted...
They just need to buff Hard Wired

They already did

No, they just finally got around to making it work as it should or as its description advertises. There's still not enough incentive in using it, especially over Toughness or Scavenger.
#24destructoclausPosted 2/8/2013 9:51:21 AM
xXsabbathXx posted...
I think the EMP is well balanced.

Seeing as how you cant just sneak up behind a sentry gun and knife it to disable it....the EMP is the next best way to disable enemy electronics.

Concussions are the same way they have been in every single other CoD before this. Theres nothing wrong with them and if you honestly are going to complain about them its because Treyarch removed all other "Broken" things and so you've ran out of things to complain about therefore you chose to complain about concussion grenades.

in BO1 the back up complaint was Ghost/Flak Jacket

No. Concussion grenades in this game are ridiculous. The maps are so god damned small and the spawns are terrible. They should not have you paralyzed for 10 seconds. That's WAY too long.

EMP grenades are pretty OP as well. It's not that bad when only 1-2 people are using them but I've gone against a team where all 6 people were using EMP grenades (yes they were organized) and good lord. It's bad. You spend more time without your HUD than with it. Guardian turrets and sentry guns are essentially useless because of them. They could stand a bit of a nerf.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#25jubjubjooeeyPosted 2/8/2013 10:38:32 AM
Concussions you can counter by just aiming at whatever entry-way it came from most of the time if the concussioner decides to flank you, you'd recover by then (unless lets say your next to a divider, or have your back completely vulnerable).

EMPs you can get used to by just being a little more vigilant, play some hardcore to get used to it.

Flashes need a buff IMO, many times the thing explodes in the corner of their vision but it doesn't effect them much and can still fight. Gotta be looking directly, without any obstacles that are waist-high, in order for it to fully effect you.
#26TheRealPhattyJPosted 2/8/2013 10:40:38 AM
OK, seriously? You really think the effect lasts 10 seconds??? If you don't have access to a stop watch, sing the Jeopardy theme from final Jeopardy, that's 10 seconds. The conc effect is more like 2 seconds.
#27Yunthor_HnCPosted 2/8/2013 11:13:02 AM
First, off..EMP's are broken imo. It's the only grenade that works through walls

EMPs wouldn't hindered by walls in real life, why would they be here? If anything, they've toned down what an EMP does to electronic devices.
---
beautifulpeoplesclub.org/ - Join the Beautiful People
#28DragonZORDOPosted 2/8/2013 11:14:48 AM
Tac. Mask & Hard Wired.

Now stop crying.

You're welcome.

Oh, and don't complain about them taking up space for other perks.
---
FC: 4255-4494-8932
#29Meguel13Posted 2/8/2013 11:52:25 AM
Concussions are by no means under-powered. Between MW2 and BO2 I estimate I've thrown atleast 100,000. The latest nerf has made them really underpowered and to be frank if you're still whining you should stop playing COD or make Tac. Mask your staple.
---
PSN: Meguel13
Currently Playing: FIFA 13
#30Spetsnaz420Posted 2/9/2013 1:58:16 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
OK, seriously? You really think the effect lasts 10 seconds??? If you don't have access to a stop watch, sing the Jeopardy theme from final Jeopardy, that's 10 seconds. The conc effect is more like 2 seconds.

LoL it actually does last 10 seconds if it goes off close enough without tac mask
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420