Has Skill Based matchmaking been turned back up a few notches or what?

#1xMessiahbolicalPosted 2/7/2013 11:39:55 PM
Just played tonight and it seems like the competition has been extra rough again all of the sudden.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 2/7/2013 11:49:43 PM
It's completely random at times, exploited other times...people know if oh have the least skilled member as party leader they will get put against generally less skilled players. People only want to play against bad players so they can feel good about themselves
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#3L4ndoGr1ff1nPosted 2/8/2013 12:10:53 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
It's completely random at times, exploited other times...people know if oh have the least skilled member as party leader they will get put against generally less skilled players. People only want to play against bad players so they can feel good about themselves

Yeah it's a cheap tactic for so-called "skilled gamers" to get 100+ kills, so they can gloat on YouTube.
#4iCheckzPosted 2/8/2013 12:16:18 AM
I actually think its been toned down or my hit detection got better lol.
---
-------God Will'n--------
#5xMessiahbolical(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:25:16 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...

It's just frustrating that I hop onto the game and play some Ground War in the mood to mess around with quirky weapon classes but every lobby I get into is like a 9v9 Gamebattles match with 2-3 PDW/Scorpion/MSMC users around every corner while I'm running around with an Executioner-only... I'm lucky to even get close enough to even get in effective Executioner range to someone because everyone seems to have fast reactions, solid aim, and UAV spam. And even when I get a kill with the thing, someone else comes right around the corner while I'm reloading.

Then when I'm like 9-15, my team is losing, and I'm not having fun because I can hardly leave my spawn, I just say "f*** it" and switch to an MSMC or MP7 or some kind of gun where I actually have a chance to compete with the other team and at least TRY to make a comeback and win.

If I was looking for competitive gameplay, I'd play League Play. I just want to mess around with random guns, go for Headshots and other challenges. I don't want to be forced to use certain guns or play a certain way just to even go positive. It doesn't help that I play solo and don't have a team I can rely on either.

I wouldn't mind going up against players around the same skill level as me all the time either if more of them were playing just for fun as well and messing around with underpowered guns like me. Instead I get matched up against full parties of guys trying as hard as possible to impress each other with their Silenced PDWs and Scorpions running around the edges of the map away from the objective going for VSATs, Dogs, and Swarm, camping the spawns trying to trap my team, raining down endless C4+Semtex+EMP Grenades on the B flag to the point where nobody else son my team would even try to capture the flag anymore. It just gets old fast when I'm in the mood to chill and play relaxed, and instead I have to get my adrenaline going to get in the zone and play my best. I have to be in the mood for that kind of intense competition.
---
PSN - xwageslavex
#6sillybulanstonPosted 2/8/2013 10:07:57 AM
I'm having the same problem, I'm not getting any new players in my lobby anymore. I've been trying to finish off some emblems like Nuked Out and Chain Killer but it feels like every lobby I get into has no one below 5th prestige and they always have PDWs or MSMCs.
---
Spring Contest 2005 - Final Score - 77/80
#7ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/8/2013 10:13:09 AM
sillybulanston posted...
I'm having the same problem, I'm not getting any new players in my lobby anymore. I've been trying to finish off some emblems like Nuked Out and Chain Killer but it feels like every lobby I get into has no one below 5th prestige and they always have PDWs or MSMCs.

Yea, I'm trying to mess around with new weapons to have fun and it's all tryhards with MSMCs, PDWs, or TF LMGs everywhere. Gets boring fast.
#8SUUPER_INJUN69Posted 2/8/2013 8:28:18 PM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
sillybulanston posted...

Yea, I'm trying to mess around with new weapons to have fun and it's all tryhards with MSMCs, PDWs, or TF LMGs everywhere. Gets boring fast.

QQing about LMGs. Stay classy
#9Sexy_Van_ManPosted 2/8/2013 8:53:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10xMessiahbolical(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:59:47 AM
Sexy_Van_Man posted...
This evenings competition was WAY below average. Played a few games with a 29 KDR and shut the system off. I don't want games that are jokes filled with Mexicans that don't understand the layout of a PS3 controller. I shut down pretty quick.

If you're looking for competition, why not just join a clan and play Gamebattles or something like that? Not everyone wants to try hard and play competitively.
---
PSN - xwageslavex