Assaults Shields? More like glass shield..

#1YetiStewPS3Posted 2/9/2013 4:20:24 AM
Just got shot thru one multiple times, while crouched aimed straight at the person from like 5/10 ft away..

These things blow more **** than a pr0nstar
#2Snooze36Posted 2/9/2013 4:25:41 AM
Hah agreed. Although sometimes they work great. I hate how grenades and bow bolts stuck to your shield can still kill you. It's really a wtf moment every time that happens.
---
PSN: Snooze36
#3Jeric735Posted 2/9/2013 8:51:14 AM
It's really only reliable cover once you place it into the ground. Otherwise you'll never know which parts of your body are exposed.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#4ForceSensitiveXPosted 2/9/2013 9:26:29 AM
In the sense that someone can run around you or throw an explosive behind you, yeah, it's not exactly a force field. As for it being weak itself, if that's even being insinuated here, it's def not. I've emptied a whole LMG load into one before and did squat.
---
var name1 = jdak10.val('identity'); var name2 = unceramonius.val('identity');
if (name1 == name2) { alert('Not surprised...'); }
#5ApathetiqPosted 2/9/2013 10:08:42 AM
They def need a buff especially the hit detection and/or stunning ability. I can't tell you how many times a ksg has gone right through the shield. Also it doesnt seem to block explosives even when crouched.
#6TruffelsnufflerPosted 2/9/2013 10:16:45 AM
I've seen a few people use it extremely effectively
#7TacosnakPosted 2/9/2013 10:44:01 AM
I love my shield. Most of the time I die from either a hard-scoper that swings the bullet like wanted style, or a shotgun whose spread is basically over my whole shield. Oh and sometimes I'll be standing on a piece of cardboard and get my shoe exposed.

Basically, most people are going to run up and knife you and take advantage of Aim-assist help by running straight but pretty much running around you. Just make sure you stand up and try to block them. If you have fast hands, try to surprise them with a pistol to the face.

I don't think they don't need a buff at all. Shield, tactical mask and flak jacket is pretty hard to take down if you roll that way. I am more the rusher w/ Hardline and engineer and EMP stuff. You can seriously go 3-1 and get a stealth chopper from destroying equipment and getting EMP assists.

I actually have been enjoying Executioners(Dual and fast mags are both good choices) w/ my Combat Axe + Shield setup. It's so different that it's like a whole new game. But, silent Five-seven is pretty deadly. Basically, take advantage of the quick switch w/ pistols.
---
PSN - Seraphtacosnak
#8solidpricemmoPosted 2/9/2013 3:01:55 PM
they are fun but i have to admit they are a little underpowered at their job.
being able to place them into the ground did help it a lot.
#9Gundam FanPosted 2/9/2013 3:11:09 PM
They are great for taking objectives though.

Try this loadout for domination or headquarters.

Assault shield.
Kap-40 with Extended Mag
Flak Jacket
Scavenger or Fast Hands
Tact Mask
Tactician Wild Card
Smoke Grenade
Trophy System x 2

The entire enemy team will hate you.
---
Fanboys make Thomas Paine cry. STOP MAKING HIM CRY!!!
#10jubjubjooeeyPosted 2/9/2013 3:41:54 PM
Yeah... they need to be able to buff riot shields with target finder. That should even it out a bit.

Also scavanger perks shoould allow you to clean up the damn glass. Your a scavanger for pete sakes, should be able to find a spare piece of bulletproof glass off of someone