Assaults Shields? More like glass shield..

#11CarbonFibrePosted 2/9/2013 4:51:54 PM
Definitely underpowerred compared to MW
#12Snooze36Posted 2/9/2013 5:34:46 PM
ForceSensitiveX posted...
In the sense that someone can run around you or throw an explosive behind you, yeah, it's not exactly a force field. As for it being weak itself, if that's even being insinuated here, it's def not. I've emptied a whole LMG load into one before and did squat.

Well every now and then you do end up getting shot through your shield. :| it's weird but it happens.
---
PSN: Snooze36
#13kuterPosted 2/9/2013 5:40:25 PM
Snooze36 posted...
In the sense that someone can run around you or throw an explosive behind you, yeah, it's not exactly a force field. As for it being weak itself, if that's even being insinuated here, it's def not. I've emptied a whole LMG load into one before and did squat.

Well every now and then you do end up getting shot through your shield. :| it's weird but it happens.

that's because on their screen, they shoot your side and such, i know cause that's how i deal with riot shielder, i sprint & jump while shooting on their side. They die and i move on.
#14Spetsnaz420Posted 2/10/2013 12:31:21 AM
I hear shield users screaming regularly because I either shot their feet or side when they thought they were covered...lag breaks this game in so many ways
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#15ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/10/2013 3:27:04 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I hear shield users screaming regularly because I either shot their feet or side when they thought they were covered...lag breaks this game in so many ways

I was crouched in a corner in the middle on Raid since my UAV showed a guy coming. I was facing him directly...

He dropshot me and got a headshot... Killcam shoes him dropshotting and shooting right at my shield.
Theater mode shows the same and shows me completely hidden behind my shield...
#16Spetsnaz420Posted 2/10/2013 3:59:44 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

I was crouched in a corner in the middle on Raid since my UAV showed a guy coming. I was facing him directly...

He dropshot me and got a headshot... Killcam shoes him dropshotting and shooting right at my shield.
Theater mode shows the same and shows me completely hidden behind my shield...

Remember it's your fault...and by no means bad netcode or hit boxes
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#17Snooze36Posted 2/10/2013 4:11:20 AM
kuter posted...
Snooze36 posted...

that's because on their screen, they shoot your side and such, i know cause that's how i deal with riot shielder, i sprint & jump while shooting on their side. They die and i move on.

I know what you're saying but I'm not talking about lag shots I'm talking about you crouching with a shield and still being shot dead right through the middle of your shield even on the killfeed.
---
PSN: Snooze36
#18OuragonPosted 2/10/2013 3:07:41 PM
As someone with a gold shield, we have 2 major problems:

1: Netcode is balls, which means people can step around you and shoot your from the side

2: Melee hit detection is also terrible

So your choice is basically get really good with a tomahawk, or make sure you concussion them first. I laugh when I see someone riotshielding because they are basically a free kill, even in hardcore.
#19kuterPosted 2/10/2013 3:09:05 PM
Snooze36 posted...
kuter posted...
Snooze36 posted...

I know what you're saying but I'm not talking about lag shots I'm talking about you crouching with a shield and still being shot dead right through the middle of your shield even on the killfeed.

Ohhh, that...yeah i had it happen to me a couple time in HC, but i guess it's because he had FMJ or he had my butt
#20setablazebyyouPosted 2/10/2013 3:20:46 PM
i'd love to play with fellow shielders. I was good with it in mw3 but haven't had as much time behind one in bo2. add me with 'shield' subject line

hadrianviceroy