Flag cap assist C/D

#1Spetsnaz420Posted 2/13/2013 2:50:50 AM
For those of you out there like myself who relentlessly attack flags but are the first one shot when an enemy approaches... Do you think you should receive a few points for doing your part?

Also what about the guy just off the cap keeping the enemy busy while you cap...should he not receive some compensation?

Opinions plz
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#2supertomato_13Posted 2/13/2013 2:55:07 AM
I've always thought the points you get for capturing a flag should be relevant to how much of it you actually captured.

Too many times I've been on a flag from the start only to die at the very end and receive nothing whilst some randy hops on with 1mm to go...

If anything, the way it is now puts people off of jumping on flags because receiving no points is not unlikely at all.
#3sithgod513Posted 2/13/2013 3:12:27 AM
yes im always mad when I dont get any points but the flag was captured because of me, they need to address this in the next cod, no way around it you should be getting points for helping with the objective.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#4Zed7777ZR1Posted 2/13/2013 3:25:24 AM
they're giving assists to practically anything ... don't be surprised if they added that to the mix ...

i'm against it anyway ... people would just stroll into the flag while someone's on it and they'll get an assist ... much like how when someone see you capturing and steps in at the last second to get the cap points ...

so yeah it'll be abused and frustrating ... leave it as it is ... they mustated the original modes so much they're nothing like the originals anymore ...
#5Spetsnaz420(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:30:55 AM
Zed7777ZR1 posted...
they're giving assists to practically anything ... don't be surprised if they added that to the mix ...

i'm against it anyway ... people would just stroll into the flag while someone's on it and they'll get an assist ... much like how when someone see you capturing and steps in at the last second to get the cap points ...

so yeah it'll be abused and frustrating ... leave it as it is ... they mustated the original modes so much they're nothing like the originals anymore ...

What? I'm confused...currently people stroll in the last second for free points after I fought and cleared the flag. What I'm proposing is that you get points for example when your the first one there...almost finish the cap and some enemy kills you just before the cap is complete, your team gets the flag but you get nothing despite you being the entire reason the flag managed to get capped.
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#6greggreggreg2000Posted 2/13/2013 3:43:45 AM
I've thought this too.
---
"Everybody panic! It's just like the Titanic, but it's full of bears!"
#7ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/13/2013 3:48:50 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
For those of you out there like myself who relentlessly attack flags but are the first one shot when an enemy approaches... Do you think you should receive a few points for doing your part?

Also what about the guy just off the cap keeping the enemy busy while you cap...should he not receive some compensation?

Opinions plz

Yup!

It's worse in Hardpoint. You'll have that one guy every game who camps in the next Hardpoint to get his points. Then hop out...

Hardpoint should give you some score for every 5 seconds you're in it. I'm tired of being the ONLY one in the damn Hardpoint as my team runs around like headless chickens trying to pick up kills, just for the enemies to play the game smart and correct and rush in 3-4 at a time from different angles...
#8ZEALCHERPosted 2/13/2013 4:33:22 AM
I've always thought the points you get for capturing a flag should be relevant to how much of it you actually captured

^ I always thought they would do it like this at some point also.

But yea I hate capping B flag even with teammates and at the last second i get killed, although the B flag still gets capped due to the other teammates not getting shot first!

I dont mind them getting the points just want some aswell as we are all in it together!

Plus it always seems like im the FIRST to get killed when capping flags!! -____-
#9TheKingOfKoolPosted 2/13/2013 5:43:44 AM
I'm always the guy with the most flag caps at the end of the game and it always frustrates me that I'm somehow always the one killed while capping. Or a teammate will be camping and once they hear I'm capping a flag they'll wait and run on.
---
There is no pleasure in life. There is only a relief of pain. We have to suffer to be on top.
#10Madden68Posted 2/13/2013 6:53:54 AM
HQ is even worse for this. You can sit on a HQ the whole time while the timer goes up slow. Antoher guy comes at last second; you get killed he gets the cap and you get penalized by having to wait 50+ seconds for the HQ to be destroyed and you didn't even get any of the cap points but did all the work.