It's not the game that is bad...

#1bp4ChristPosted 2/13/2013 8:35:29 PM
It is the people that play this game, that make it bad.

The misconception that the game is the problem is incorrect in my opinion. Yes, the game needs some work, but the people (majority, not all) who play this game, are what have ruined it, and the franchise as a whole.

Just my two cents.
---
Proud follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Recruiting for my clan Shock_and_AAAW. PM me if interested. PSN ID bp4Christ
#2TheKingOfKoolPosted 2/13/2013 8:37:57 PM
Lag. Hit detection.
---
There is no pleasure in life. There is only a relief of pain. We have to suffer to be on top.
#3buzzerr3Posted 2/13/2013 8:41:08 PM
complainers ^^^^
---
Yo
#4Thecross10Posted 2/13/2013 8:43:13 PM
I wish that was the case! I am not the best player by any means but the game is at fault most of the time. I get shot before I can do anything! And it is not my reactions, its that I am about half a second behind the majority of people I come into contact with. It is a very frustrating experience when I get the first few shots off and still die with the magic bullet, and this is on hard core, cause thats all I can play without thrwing something :)
---
PS3: bringthe10pain
GE WII: Major Pain/ XmasNOOB 106429789364
#5bp4Christ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:47:04 PM
Thecross10 posted...
I wish that was the case! I am not the best player by any means but the game is at fault most of the time. I get shot before I can do anything! And it is not my reactions, its that I am about half a second behind the majority of people I come into contact with. It is a very frustrating experience when I get the first few shots off and still die with the magic bullet, and this is on hard core, cause thats all I can play without thrwing something :)

Here is the thing, though. A person can live with a scrape or a paper cut. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not intolerable. However, if you have a line of people in front of you, all of whom are taking turns rubbing salt in the wound...well, a small nuisance becomes something excruciating at that point.
---
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 2/13/2013 11:22:55 PM
bp4Christ posted...
Thecross10 posted...

Here is the thing, though. A person can live with a scrape or a paper cut. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not intolerable. However, if you have a line of people in front of you, all of whom are taking turns rubbing salt in the wound...well, a small nuisance becomes something excruciating at that point.

Being a half second behind in a FPS like CoD is entirely unacceptable. Don't get me wrong...the community is horrible. That doesn't mean the game isn't a hair away from broken...you should never outflank a guy and be behind them with no clue you're there, fire at them only for them to be able to turn and kill you.

I've listened to enough complaints by long time FPS players and experienced enough of the same issues to regretfully agree that this franchise just isn't for the hard of core anymore...not the way things stand
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#7bp4Christ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:14:22 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
bp4Christ posted...
Thecross10 posted...

Being a half second behind in a FPS like CoD is entirely unacceptable. Don't get me wrong...the community is horrible. That doesn't mean the game isn't a hair away from broken...you should never outflank a guy and be behind them with no clue you're there, fire at them only for them to be able to turn and kill you.

I've listened to enough complaints by long time FPS players and experienced enough of the same issues to regretfully agree that this franchise just isn't for the hard of core anymore...not the way things stand

I cannot disagree with your point. They need to go back to basics with this franchise. If they want to make the next best COD...they need to look no further than COD 4. Get rid of all of this ridiculous kill streak, perk nonsense. Go back to basics.
---
#8Jacket60Posted 2/14/2013 12:20:06 AM
bp4Christ posted...
I cannot disagree with your point. They need to go back to basics with this franchise. If they want to make the next best COD...they need to look no further than COD 4. Get rid of all of this ridiculous kill streak, perk nonsense. Go back to basics.

COD4 had perks.
#9JDawg888Posted 2/14/2013 12:29:38 AM
Lag compensation is killing this game too

Sorry and let me prefice by saying not everyone who has good internet is mooching off their parents or something. Some people do pay for their quality internet so why they should be punished by having lag compensate for others? Its like doing most of the work in the group project and getting the A but your partners who did little to nothing got A's also.

Lag compensation does not make the game more balanced, it makes it worse.
---
PSN Name:Hjonez777
Do you fear death?
#10bp4Christ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:33:06 PM
JDawg888 posted...
Lag compensation is killing this game too

Sorry and let me prefice by saying not everyone who has good internet is mooching off their parents or something. Some people do pay for their quality internet so why they should be punished by having lag compensate for others? Its like doing most of the work in the group project and getting the A but your partners who did little to nothing got A's also.

Lag compensation does not make the game more balanced, it makes it worse.

Also another good point. I concede that the game is broken, but I feel like one could get more enjoyment out of it were there nicer, more decent people playing it.

Yes, COD 4 had perks and killstreaks, but they weren't so intrusive and unbalanced. I personally don't care for them, but if they must be there, then COD 4 is what needs to be mimicked. That game was absolutely delightful. All of the extraneous perks, score/killstreaks are what are ruining this game. It's too convoluted at this point. The lag issue didn't seem to be quite as noticeable in COD 4, either. In all fairness, I think games have evolved past COD at this point. That may be more of the problem.
---