It's not the game that is bad...

#11SDR1845Posted 2/14/2013 1:37:13 PM
Thecross10 posted...
I wish that was the case! I am not the best player by any means but the game is at fault most of the time. I get shot before I can do anything! And it is not my reactions, its that I am about half a second behind the majority of people I come into contact with. It is a very frustrating experience when I get the first few shots off and still die with the magic bullet, and this is on hard core, cause thats all I can play without thrwing something :)

Me too. I'd go nuts playing Core with the hitmarkers.

#12DigitalFury_Posted 2/14/2013 1:40:40 PM
I officially request going back to the old way! Bring back pre-made classes like CoD 2 and 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me get that medic class, baby!
---
I'd suggest fireballs to the head, repeatedly, until it stops moving - Telemachus Rasp
4/18/48-10/22/11
#13badbutttuesdayPosted 2/14/2013 1:44:40 PM
its pretty obvious that the game is a major problem... call it 50/50 if you want.

this is the only game i've ever played where i'm screwed for having a good connection. There are hundreds of threads and videos on how to nerf your connection to get better at this game. that says it all.

I don't mind that I suck. I just want to suck on an even playing field.
#14Weiland101Posted 2/14/2013 2:10:14 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
bp4Christ posted...
Thecross10 posted...
I wish that was the case! I am not the best player by any means but the game is at fault most of the time. I get shot before I can do anything! And it is not my reactions, its that I am about half a second behind the majority of people I come into contact with. It is a very frustrating experience when I get the first few shots off and still die with the magic bullet, and this is on hard core, cause thats all I can play without thrwing something :)

Here is the thing, though. A person can live with a scrape or a paper cut. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not intolerable. However, if you have a line of people in front of you, all of whom are taking turns rubbing salt in the wound...well, a small nuisance becomes something excruciating at that point.

Being a half second behind in a FPS like CoD is entirely unacceptable. Don't get me wrong...the community is horrible. That doesn't mean the game isn't a hair away from broken...you should never outflank a guy and be behind them with no clue you're there, fire at them only for them to be able to turn and kill you.

I've listened to enough complaints by long time FPS players and experienced enough of the same issues to regretfully agree that this franchise just isn't for the hard of core anymore...not the way things stand

IMO the franchise haven't been for the hard of core since COD4

This is a casual game for casual gamers.
#15Spetsnaz420Posted 2/15/2013 2:26:23 AM
Weiland101 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
bp4Christ posted...
Thecross10 posted...

Here is the thing, though. A person can live with a scrape or a paper cut. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not intolerable. However, if you have a line of people in front of you, all of whom are taking turns rubbing salt in the wound...well, a small nuisance becomes something excruciating at that point.

Being a half second behind in a FPS like CoD is entirely unacceptable. Don't get me wrong...the community is horrible. That doesn't mean the game isn't a hair away from broken...you should never outflank a guy and be behind them with no clue you're there, fire at them only for them to be able to turn and kill you.

I've listened to enough complaints by long time FPS players and experienced enough of the same issues to regretfully agree that this franchise just isn't for the hard of core anymore...not the way things stand

IMO the franchise haven't been for the hard of core since COD4

This is a casual game for casual gamers.

Oh I completely agree...that's why I laugh at the try hards who brag about their stats like they achieved something...it's like being a champion at Mario Party
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420