Shooting guns as the match starts

#1melongstrikePosted 2/15/2013 11:22:50 AM
I have noticed this trend for a long time now and something more shocking.

EVERYTIME... I play and my team mates fire the weapons we lose the match.

I am perfect so far with an impressive (50 for 50) (May or may not have been exaggerated)

I think of the possible reasons why people would do this legitimately and can only think of 2 -3 tops that doesn't include people just being idiots.

Whatever the excuse/reason is my team loses the match.

Moral of the story

don't fire your gun soon as the match starts or play on the other team.

I am interested in counter stories

If there someone out there that can say every match they played where team mates fired their weapons went on to win every match I would be impressed and prove another ying yang theory I have.
---
Thanks, White_D3vi1: Most people are just putting dicks on dolphins and calling it a season.
#2LilRoss2k3Posted 2/15/2013 11:23:56 AM
i hate when people do that
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken, SF, CoD, & more.
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#3Asylum_71Posted 2/15/2013 11:26:36 AM
..It usually means you have stupid teammates. Of course you're going to have a hard time winning.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#4jdotmattinsonPosted 2/15/2013 11:27:39 AM
Is there ever a good reason?

The only time I have ever done something like this is when I build a new class with a gun/attachment I haven't used before and I want to fire it off into the air to see what kind of recoil pattern or fire rate it has before I get into a gunfight that might result in my death.

What really truly confuses the hell out of me is when I am playing a match of like HC Search or something and somebody knifes a teammate at the start of a round and kills themselves (it's ricochet for the first minute in HC or something), and then exits the match right after.

Like, they waited in the lobby, voted for a map, waited for the match to start, let the map load, picked a glass, pressed R3 once, then left. Is there not a better way to spend 4 minutes?
---
PSN: Jdot-Mattinson
iOS Game Center: jdotmattinson
#5Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/15/2013 11:28:41 AM
Are you saying that if a teammate fires a weapon at the start of the match (like 2 quick bursts) then you lose the match?

What possible correlation could you draw between a teammate firing a gun at the start of a round and you losing the game?

It sounds rather absurd if you ask me. Many people know where the initial spawn points are either way so it's not like they're giving away the location of your spawn.

I only do this when the announcer at the start (in domination btw since that's pretty much what I play) says, "Our cover is blown, go loud".
#6K4R_Nirvana41Posted 2/15/2013 11:29:50 AM
I do it to show the chick I'm playing with that I'm interested, if she shoots back she's interested as well..if you know what I mean.
---
PSN: IvanMaldo Secondary PSN: xX-_Animus_-Xx #imjusttoogood. www.TeamVvG.com, Lol @ You
#7Yunthor_HnCPosted 2/15/2013 11:30:23 AM
I don't understand it, either. It's always been a minour annoyance. I imagine these are probably the same people who would fire a gun straight up into the air without even thinking that the rounds have to come back down....
---
beautifulpeoplesclub.org/ - Join the Beautiful People
#8melongstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:32:32 AM
jdotmattinson posted...
Is there ever a good reason?

The only time I have ever done something like this is when I build a new class with a gun/attachment I haven't used before and I want to fire it off into the air to see what kind of recoil pattern or fire rate it has before I get into a gunfight that might result in my death.

Bingo! That is one of the scenarios I came up with. The other being reload time of said weapon.
---
Thanks, White_D3vi1: Most people are just putting dicks on dolphins and calling it a season.
#9melongstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:38:34 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Are you saying that if a teammate fires a weapon at the start of the match (like 2 quick bursts) then you lose the match?

What possible correlation could you draw between a teammate firing a gun at the start of a round and you losing the game?

It sounds rather absurd if you ask me. Many people know where the initial spawn points are either way so it's not like they're giving away the location of your spawn.

I only do this when the announcer at the start (in domination btw since that's pretty much what I play) says, "Our cover is blown, go loud".

Yes. Absolutely, sounds absurd indeed.

The only correlation I can make is the same type of "person" fires their weapon at the beginning of the match.

I bet you if I put my Marketing degree to work and surveyed people through polls and questionnaires I would see the real correlation (if it differs from my theory of them just being idiots and bad players, just looking to have "fun"

The gun firing itself doesn't bother me except for the FACT that my team is going to lose. Knowing the outcome of the winner annoys me

especially knowing when I go 58 -3 my team will still lose. :(
---
#10slickuticaPosted 2/15/2013 11:44:13 AM
The time you send shotting is the time your teams loses sprinting forward at the start of the match and allows the enemy team to get into a more strategic position on your team.
---
=====================
PSN Dr_ROCKSO