Shooting guns as the match starts

#113500zPosted 2/15/2013 11:45:53 AM
The guy is watching too much Elpresador videos. He is doing a lag test. Lol!
---
Guns Don't Kill People, Lag Does~!
#12SevenDayCandlePosted 2/15/2013 11:46:15 AM
Anyone ever use the almighty search engine called Google? It is very, VERY helpful with almost every problem you will run into, anywhere, any time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyF_lfM5WAg

Howsaboutdat? Why do people shoot their guns at the start? Check it out folks! Learn something!

Now imagine if that bullet lag at the end was with a fully automatic weapon. How many shots could he get out before they started to register? It's just a simple way to test lag honestly.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2510991674.png

I'm generally the guy who shoots at the start and watches 5-10 bullets shoot out of his gun before they register. Also shooting an Executioner and getting off 4 shots by the time it registers 1 has been shot. I'm also told my upload speeds are pretty good. I would say I generally turn into the host and not many people I connect with can pull a 4 bar connection on my host for some weird reason, which lags me and leads to frame rate lag. On top of the normal lag and the camera lag. Triple lagged.

I've been saying it all along. While being great that we can party up with people from wherever, it really ruins the game when you get people from all across the continent on all sorts of connection speeds.
#13Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/15/2013 11:46:39 AM
melongstrike posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Are you saying that if a teammate fires a weapon at the start of the match (like 2 quick bursts) then you lose the match?

What possible correlation could you draw between a teammate firing a gun at the start of a round and you losing the game?

It sounds rather absurd if you ask me. Many people know where the initial spawn points are either way so it's not like they're giving away the location of your spawn.

I only do this when the announcer at the start (in domination btw since that's pretty much what I play) says, "Our cover is blown, go loud".

Yes. Absolutely, sounds absurd indeed.

The only correlation I can make is the same type of "person" fires their weapon at the beginning of the match.

I bet you if I put my Marketing degree to work and surveyed people through polls and questionnaires I would see the real correlation (if it differs from my theory of them just being idiots and bad players, just looking to have "fun"

The gun firing itself doesn't bother me except for the FACT that my team is going to lose. Knowing the outcome of the winner annoys me

especially knowing when I go 58 -3 my team will still lose. :(

So if I were to be on your team, and I were to fire a gun at the start of the round, then the probablity of you losing that match would be 1.0?

I'm not trying to be rude but that just sounds silly. It's like saying, "damn, it's snowing outside, guess I'm gonna lose every game until the snow stops." I play this mainly on xbox now but on ps3 my KDR is 3.02 and w/l = 1.13. Score per min = 456. Not trying to brag, just saying that I'm not a bad player.

Even if there's one competent player on the team (as I'm a solo player mainly), then I win or get close to a win.

Again, not trying to be rude. But to say that if a teammate fires a weapon at the start of a round, then it's a FACT (your words) that your team will lose (i.e. probability of loss = 1) is just silly.

What's more common (and likely what you're experiencing) is that in this game, you get matched up with parties all too often. I don't recall this happening so much in previous cods. Even if you face off against a mediocre party of players, in objective based modes, you will most likely lose.
#14adamoldenPosted 2/15/2013 11:46:58 AM
It has been established that when you shoot a gun it locks that class in so when you select another class right away before the 10 count ends when you die you'll respawn as that second selected class. Where as if u didnt shoot and selected that second class after spawning as the first class u picked, ud change classes. U can change classes as often as u want before the count ends. Shooting AFTER selecting class one, then reselecting another class WHILE the countdown is still in affect means U get to lock in the first class for when u start the game and then when u die respawn as the second class.

This is good strategy for game modes like DOM where you want a speedy class to get to B and cap it, then die, and then respawn as a class that is good for holding bases
#15adamoldenPosted 2/15/2013 11:51:26 AM
Oh..and that lag test thing is a secondary effect of shooting the gun off ..yep yep
#16melongstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:19:47 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
melongstrike posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Are you saying that if a teammate fires a weapon at the start of the match (like 2 quick bursts) then you lose the match? What possible correlation could you draw between a teammate firing a gun at the start of a round and you losing the game? It sounds rather absurd if you ask me. Many people know where the initial spawn points are either way so it's not like they're giving away the location of your spawn. I only do this when the announcer at the start (in domination btw since that's pretty much what I play) says, "Our cover is blown, go loud".
Yes. Absolutely, sounds absurd indeed. The only correlation I can make is the same type of "person" fires their weapon at the beginning of the match. I bet you if I put my Marketing degree to work and surveyed people through polls and questionnaires I would see the real correlation (if it differs from my theory of them just being idiots and bad players, just looking to have "fun" The gun firing itself doesn't bother me except for the FACT that my team is going to lose. Knowing the outcome of the winner annoys me especially knowing when I go 58 -3 my team will still lose. :(
So if I were to be on your team, and I were to fire a gun at the start of the round, then the probablity of you losing that match would be 1.0? I'm not trying to be rude but that just sounds silly. It's like saying, "damn, it's snowing outside, guess I'm gonna lose every game until the snow stops." I play this mainly on xbox now but on ps3 my KDR is 3.02 and w/l = 1.13. Score per min = 456. Not trying to brag, just saying that I'm not a bad player. Even if there's one competent player on the team (as I'm a solo player mainly), then I win or get close to a win. Again, not trying to be rude. But to say that if a teammate fires a weapon at the start of a round, then it's a FACT (your words) that your team will lose (i.e. probability of loss = 1) is just silly. What's more common (and likely what you're experiencing) is that in this game, you get matched up with parties all too often. I don't recall this happening so much in previous cods. Even if you face off against a mediocre party of players, in objective based modes, you will most likely lose.

Sorry if this if hard for you to stomach or just the absolute silliness of it all. But it is a fact, the only proof I would have to offer you is friend request me and watch all my matches I would gladly share psn with you. I even shared this with a buddy of mine I play with from work and when we play together he listens and when he hears team gun fire he mocks me "Oh guess we're going to lose huh" then at the end of the match he is like, **** we lost didn't we. I am not indicating that whenever anyone fires a weapon at the start the team will lose that is only the case with me for the moment. I have been more observant of it my 5th prestige, now at my 9th and the results are the same in my case
---
Thanks, White_D3vi1: Most people are just putting dicks on dolphins and calling it a season.
#17Kia123AminiPosted 2/15/2013 4:48:38 PM
ITT: Causation=correlation and everyone ignores the post that actually explains why people do this.

Never change gamefaqs
---
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
#18Lord_XandrosPosted 2/15/2013 5:01:54 PM
I do it sometimes for no reason. In Black Ops, I did it with the M60 big ammo, but I didn't take my finger off the trigger.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#19HirusekiPosted 2/15/2013 5:06:05 PM
lol, just lol
---
"My favorite part of The Lion King is the part where Nicki Minaj held up baby Simba."