I'm sorry, but the challenges for the shield are ridiculous

#1DragonForLifePosted 2/18/2013 1:10:11 PM
I just like to say that I don't want the shield to buff or anything like that, because I love it with my c4. The thing that makes me mad about it is the fact that you have to kill at least 150 people with the shield alone, which is near impossible unless you play hardcore. And if you do play hardcore, it is very hard to get the art of war camo because everyone just circles around and kills you. I think that they should change the camos to the shield being used to a team role. I'm sorry but I love the shield to death, but it takes you so long to get gold compared to a sniper or shotgun. Thank you.
---
"two paths diverged in a wood.... I took the path less travelled, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost
#2ChungarungaPosted 2/18/2013 1:15:27 PM
You still get the camos way ahead of maxing out the shield twice. Now that takes some dedication. Luckily I ran its last prestige on double weapon xp.
---
Now you're blushing and you have an erection, no one has enough blood.
#3allikfjPosted 2/18/2013 1:16:15 PM
They weren't to bad for me, the 150 bashes was pretty annoying though.
---
That was false.
#4Lord_XandrosPosted 2/18/2013 1:18:00 PM
It doesn't take that long. I've needed the Tomahawk challenges since January, but haven't felt up to playing the game, but before that, I played mainly hardcore Kill Confirmed and crept up to people. Face to face engagements usually didn't go my way, but it was a blast getting the bash kills done, mainly because it forced me out of my comfort zone.

Overall, it took maybe a couple of days, and my KD plummeted.

Art of War is do-able easily on hardcore.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/custom1/Angelic_Rave.png | Alternate PSN Account - MrRaveyGravy
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaveyGravy
#5MaschouiPosted 2/18/2013 1:18:08 PM
I think the shield was the easiest gold I obtained. I played TDM only.
The trick is throw a concussion then run to the side and hit twice.
Don't stay in front of them they might kill you right through your shield.
Give it a try , you can thank me later :)
#6TheRealJayveezyPosted 2/18/2013 1:22:10 PM
One of my quickest weapons to gold :-/ hardcore for the kills with any combination of flash bangs/concussions/shock charges, fast hands&scavenger, light weight, extreme conditioning & dexterity(let's you melee faster if you miss. You can use this setup in core very well too. Definitely do the other challenges in core though.
---
Leader of the 1 Horned Pink Bunni clan. You can be a pink Bunni too, all you have to do is ask.
#7Mean_BeaniePosted 2/18/2013 1:26:04 PM
Cry some moar.
---
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8360/umud.png
#8kuterPosted 2/18/2013 1:28:50 PM
Shield is mostly doable if you are the host...on my alt acc i main shield and, unless im the host, i won't get much people, unless im inside a building camping a corner w/ shock charge
#9PunchsmackPosted 2/18/2013 1:29:39 PM
Why are you apologizing?
---
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like uhhh....your opinion man."
#10drewthebluePosted 2/18/2013 2:07:21 PM
Maschoui posted...
I think the shield was the easiest gold I obtained. I played TDM only.
The trick is throw a concussion then run to the side and hit twice.
Don't stay in front of them they might kill you right through your shield.
Give it a try , you can thank me later :)

Yep its all about the concussion grenades!