Treyarch > IW in terms of creativity, so...

#11SherlockHomeyPosted 5/1/2012 8:59:47 AM
I mentioned this in a prior thread, IceDragon:

After mulling over this for a bit. Only one of two things can happen with Blops 2:

It will either reinvigorate the CoD games, as they have honestly gotten stale for me , or it will be the shark jumping/fridge nuking moment in the series.

The spotlight in on Tryarch for doing a potentially drastic (relatively speaking) change to the CoD formula.
#12CodenameDuchessPosted 5/1/2012 9:04:08 AM
I wasn't talking about sports video games, hell I don't play sports video games, that's what the real world is for. However, I can't really simulate a war in the real world can I? So, I'll ask again, what core changes can be made to improve on the current formula?
---
Lying is like 95% of what I do.
#13NarutoTaioPosted 5/1/2012 9:10:17 AM
CodenameDuchess posted...
I wasn't talking about sports video games, hell I don't play sports video games, that's what the real world is for. However, I can't really simulate a war in the real world can I? So, I'll ask again, what core changes can be made to improve on the current formula?

Eh?

Nothing wrong with playing sports games, no matter the circumstance

Don't talk like you're a pro athlete

Pro athletes play video games too, sports games included
#14IceDragon77Posted 5/1/2012 9:10:51 AM

Bigger maps with vehicles would be nice in a futuristic setting. I'm not saying WaW, that game did vehicles the worst out of any FPS I ever played. Maybe to balance, you don't earn kill streaks while in a vehicle.

I don't know exactly what they should change, but that doesn't mean I can't think that the game is stale and is in need of a change.
I hope they do something interesting with this new setting.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nuq8ac.png Thanks L4DHunter and ArtsyChan! <3
http://i30.tinypic.com/2sba7og.jpg
#15CodenameDuchessPosted 5/1/2012 9:19:00 AM
Me a pro athlete? Now that's funny. I understand that people enjoy sports games and good for them. For me tho, I prefer to actually play the real game.

And to icedragon, I wasn't attacking you, hope you didn't take that way. I have always been told that if I have a problem then I need to figure out a solution before I complain about the problem. I too would enjoy vehicles and I like your idea about not letting vehicle kills go toward your kill streak. Also prefer larger maps since I want to snipe more.
---
Lying is like 95% of what I do.
#16IceDragon77Posted 5/1/2012 9:22:37 AM
Yeah, I feel like so far the only map in Call of Duty from 4 to now that actually warrants the use of a sniper rifle is Wasteland from MW2.
It's a shame because sniping is what I love to do the most in BF3.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nuq8ac.png Thanks L4DHunter and ArtsyChan! <3
http://i30.tinypic.com/2sba7og.jpg
#17angeldeath21(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 10:27:03 AM

Woah, calm down there buddy. No need to get worked up and resort to name calling. It makes your argument feel childish when your first sentence is "God you're dumb."

I admitted I made one error in my previous post. And you think I don't think sports games are stale? That's cute.

I never said anything about your preference for sports games... lrn2comprehension. I said the analogy is good -- that a sport's core dynamics have changed very little in decades but people still enjoy it.

Also it's equally childish to open up an argument with an accusation of blind fanboyism when you yourself didn't even fact-check your claim.

Arguing on the internet is also childish, so let's quit. I agree with your post that WaW's vehicles were bad (though the tanks would blow up with just one satchel charge under them). But including only tanks was stupid. CoD3 offered a nice variety of vehicles; I'd love to see the motorcycle return for awesome CTF matches. I just really hope the importance placed on killstreaks is scaled back.
#18SherlockHomeyPosted 5/1/2012 10:29:12 AM
angeldeath21 posted...
Woah, calm down there buddy. No need to get worked up and resort to name calling. It makes your argument feel childish when your first sentence is "God you're dumb."

I admitted I made one error in my previous post. And you think I don't think sports games are stale? That's cute.
I never said anything about your preference for sports games... lrn2comprehension. I said the analogy is good -- that a sport's core dynamics have changed very little in decades but people still enjoy it.

Also it's equally childish to open up an argument with an accusation of blind fanboyism when you yourself didn't even fact-check your claim.

Arguing on the internet is also childish, so let's quit. I agree with your post that WaW's vehicles were bad (though the tanks would blow up with just one satchel charge under them). But including only tanks was stupid. CoD3 offered a nice variety of vehicles; I'd love to see the motorcycle return for awesome CTF matches. I just really hope the importance placed on killstreaks is scaled back.

This is my only wish for Blops 2. The amount of air superiority that was prevalent in MW3 killed the game for me. MOAR gun v gun pl0x.
#19MrArmageddon8Posted 5/1/2012 10:29:17 AM

The old IW team was the best but the one that took their place is a joke and MW3 demonstrated that well. This looks like a nice change and I hope Treyarch can pull it off.