I really want them to make Zombies the main attraction

#1MrPlanktonPosted 5/2/2012 7:27:21 AM(edited)
Look, I know people are in full hype "OMG Black Ops 2 is going to be da best CoD ever!!!" mode right now, but hear me out.

In my personal experience, I have never found Treyarch to be risk takers. They've had some good ideas now and again like the in-game "ranks" for CoD 3, War, CoD points (which I don't feel they fully utilized), but in the end I've always felt that they half-ass things.

Despite the fact that this is going to be a more futuristic game, I can't help but feel they will be limited creatively not by the setting, but by the main multi-player component of the game.

I honestly can't see Black Ops 2 being that much different in the MP section. They have a lot to work with (like they did with Black Ops), but I don't think they'll utilize it.

For example, they could just switch the UAV with a "Parrot" drone and call it a day or switch a high level kill-streak with a mech walker.

So I really hope they focus more on Zombies. I personally think it's all they're really good at. Yes, BO had more maps, but a lot of them were plucked straight from W@W.

I like Zombies because they aren't really limited to any "standard" and they can go wild with ideas. A map maker ala Far Cry would be amazing. I really don't know why they haven't capitalized on something as creative and profitable like Zombies.

What do you think?
---
"They failed me, every last one of them. They were strong, but saw not the truth. I am certain that you will prove different." - Darkstalker Kaathe
#2Chaserlunn2Posted 5/2/2012 7:43:16 AM
I really don't want them to. Zombies sucks and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it.

Honestly I don't understand why they don't just make a stand alone zombie game if all these people love them so much.