So why is COD so hated?

#1mepokemon2Posted 5/2/2012 9:08:24 AM
I honestly don't see what the big deal here is. I went to this board hoping to read discussions about what could be new in the next big COD game, but instead I have to scroll past all this complaining and whining. Are you guys just bad at COD? Do you guys hate the fame it's getting for being probably the most successful franchise this past decade? Someone has to spill the beans.
---
[Insert signature here]
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 5/2/2012 9:10:06 AM
Easy to hate on because it's successful

But it's mainly down to the rehashing every year, no innovation.

The series was great, it's just stale now.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3fizzle2222Posted 5/2/2012 9:11:03 AM
because it makes people feel cool and edgy to hate popular things
---
http://i.imgur.com/sDX97.jpg - Stay Frosty~
#4pure_pervPosted 5/2/2012 9:11:19 AM
because its cool to hate on COD, Where have you been for the past 3 years
---
sort iz a bucket
#5WILD_CHARIZARDPosted 5/2/2012 9:13:19 AM
The haters are the minority. Internet hipsters who thumbs down every IGN or Gamespot COD video. And it's because they don't like how successful it is or how it stays true to its roots.

COD has an established formula, they're not going to deviate too far from it. Why would they ruin that? It's literally a multi-million dollar winning formula. If you want something entirely new, please play a different ****ing game and stop whining.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Reddit! Reddit.com/r/psbattleroyale
#6HPUFOPosted 5/2/2012 9:15:01 AM
Because the series is milked dry. Every year Activision releases a new COD that barely bring anything new to the table. Since they release a new game every year, its game will never have a good online community since most of them will be jumping ship in a year.
---
My gamertag is my username.
JUS FC: 2664-5580-7760
#7WILD_CHARIZARDPosted 5/2/2012 9:16:33 AM

Because the series is milked dry. Every year Activision releases a new COD that barely bring anything new to the table. Since they release a new game every year, its game will never have a good online community since most of them will be jumping ship in a year.

Are you serious? Look at how well MW2 is still doing. There's a ton of players still playing that game at all times of the day.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Reddit! Reddit.com/r/psbattleroyale
#8JustArtificialPosted 5/2/2012 9:16:54 AM

Play COD: MW and you'll know why. Everything after that has not been improved nor altered in the slightest bit. Play one COD and you've played them all. COD WAW turn a wrong turn after MW, MW 2 was a step back from MW, BO was a disappointment compared to MW, and MW 3 was just plain awful compared to MW.

Honestly, the game needs to be shaken up or scratched and restarted. BF did this and ended up with a perfectly good product. The story in every COD game has always been standard or worse and doesn't deserve any attention because the MP is first priority, since FPS's suck for any singleplayer element.

This WILL follow the same route as the other games have. Hell, even the story is going the same route (remembering the past).

#9speedkills4121Posted 5/2/2012 9:17:24 AM
bc they arent good at it
---
if it wasn't for dumb people i wouldn't feel so smart
#10FamilyMeetingPosted 5/2/2012 9:19:21 AM
-bad maps
-poor lag compensation
-unbalanced weapons(ie FAMAS in black ops, weak shotguns in mw3)
-community of egotistical 15 year old brats who have never played another shooter
-domination spawn killing