Shotguns in Black Ops 2 - Will they be buffed?

#1GoldenEye8686Posted 5/3/2012 6:28:44 AM
I sure hope so! And I hope they bring back firing range! xD
---
I'll whip your ass IRL ('. ')
#2Firebolt4Posted 5/3/2012 6:30:33 AM
No body knows
#3NotQuiteAFreakPosted 5/3/2012 6:32:55 AM(edited)
All I know is my gut says maybe.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#4CodenameDuchessPosted 5/3/2012 6:41:38 AM
I thought Blops shotguns were just fine. No buff needed IMO.
---
Lying is like 95% of what I do.
#5earthmaster3Posted 5/3/2012 6:58:58 AM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
All I know is my gut says maybe.

If I don't make it, tell my wife... Hello.
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#6BTzzPosted 5/3/2012 7:33:44 AM
Bring back Black Ops shotguns with a slight buff.

Every shotgun should be about Blops SPAS level of good IMO.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Ian Bits
#7patgd04Posted 5/3/2012 7:38:28 AM
only shotgun ppl really had a problem with was the one that started with a H something >_> thing was annoying the SO was fine just inconstant not much change is really needed for it and the two shot one was great in good hands >_>
---
"Its an actual game.The AI in combat training are better than the actual players."-JDnutsh0t
GT patgd2008
#8Faust_8Posted 5/3/2012 8:32:09 AM
The SPAS and Olympia were just fine in BO. However the HS-10 was utterly outclassed and the Stakeout was too inconsistent with the fire rate it had...though that was less because of its stats and more of the netcode.

The only changes to actual shotgun mechanics I would make is slightly up the minimum damage of the powerful ones (instead of a minimum of 10 for everything, it should be 15-20) and also bring back the absence of hipfire bloom when you move with them.

Besides that we need better netcode or whatever to make the powerful but slow firing shotguns good. I just could not use the Stakeout because it got me killed with hitmarkers too often. The Olympia was just as powerful so it didn't get hitmarkers any more or less usually, but it had a second shot for those BS moments that inevitably happen.
---
The point of a debate is that either side could be right. If you're sure that it is impossible that you will ever change your mind, you don't belong in one.
#9MG42_CHEFPosted 5/3/2012 8:44:24 AM
If the maps are cluster****y like MW3, Blops shotguns with a slight buff work. But if the maps are MW2/BO status, they need the MW2 range and power.
---
"I had an uncle named Ramus once. You know what I did to him? I beat the **** outta him." -CrimsonKane
#10Amidamaru_Posted 5/3/2012 9:38:47 AM(edited)
**FWOOSH**

Guys I just got back from the future, and yes. Shotguns are buffed to rediculous levels. And they completely nerfed sniper rifles. In fact, if you pick snipers at any point in the game, aside from a mandatory point in the campaign, the disc melts and your console blows up.

When people asked for a nerf to shotties, assault rifles got nerfed instead, and a random selection of gamers who were profiled as snipers (for example people with gamertags like: XXXSnipezzzz4evaXXX) were rounded up and sent to death camps.

It was glorious.

(Yes, I used the Striker in MW3. I was right pissed when it got the nerf. I also dislike the annoying kind of sniper. You know the type.)
---
Signature?