"Why Call of Duty Isn't Good: The Death of Tactics"

#1HermanTuttlePosted 5/3/2012 12:05:43 PM
Very well-reasoned video. Definitely 100% truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB7eqwKYdy4&feature=player_embedded
#2AndaristPosted 5/3/2012 12:07:32 PM
I always knew it was bad, which is why I still play Halo 3 and haven't even played MW3 yet.

After Black Ops I was like...another one, really? Nope.
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#3HermanTuttle(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 12:09:44 PM
The thing is, I still had the notion that CoD4 was in any way a good game. This totally disproves that.
#4Shinra_TenseiPosted 5/3/2012 12:12:10 PM(edited)
HermanTuttle posted...
The thing is, I still had the notion that CoD4 was in any way a good game. This totally disproves that.

Wasn't that just discussing the campaign? [I closed after 2 minutes] CoD has become more of a MP designed game lol.

I don't hold Cod 4 good for it's campaign, which I still find pretty good, but for it's MP.

Honestly though, most of that just told me what I already knew, and changed nothing.
---
Doumbia is a BEAST
#5EVE6 FANPosted 5/3/2012 12:13:02 PM
What do you expect? They churn out the same game year after year. They barely have enough time to make cutscenes, record voice acting and all that stuff.. they definitely dont have the time to put together a solid campaign with intelligent level design and AI.
---
I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible. But pissing everyone off is easy and funny as hell. Will Ferrell
#6drointhewindPosted 5/3/2012 12:14:54 PM
Good video, well put together. Has examples of what hes talking about. I agree with this 100%, maybe next year they will shake the formula a bit...................
---
On DLC: ""You know what would make this better? Paying more money."- Cracked.com
#7SullyTheStrangePosted 5/3/2012 12:16:52 PM
Those are actually pretty silly points to make. You can run straight by enemies? That works in 99% of all games ever. The tactics he made fun of are just as viable in Half Life 2, which he goes on to praise.

Then he goes on to say CoD is for a casual audience. And it is. That makes it a bad game? That makes the hours of fun I've had playing it mean nothing?
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#8papaslumXPosted 5/3/2012 12:19:00 PM
They really should get rid of the whole infinite enemies until you move forward. That always made me angry in video games.
#9EVE6 FANPosted 5/3/2012 12:20:50 PM
SullyTheStrange posted...
Those are actually pretty silly points to make. You can run straight by enemies? That works in 99% of all games ever. The tactics he made fun of are just as viable in Half Life 2, which he goes on to praise.

Um, are you sure you played Half-Life 2, or 99% of games ever? Your logic is actually backwards. You cant run around and beat 99% of games like you can on CoD.
---
I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible. But pissing everyone off is easy and funny as hell. Will Ferrell
#10SullyTheStrangePosted 5/3/2012 12:22:31 PM
Um, are you sure you played Half-Life 2, or 99% of games ever? Your logic is actually backwards. You cant run around and beat 99% of games like you can on CoD.

I just replayed HL2 a month ago and that's exactly what I did. I used cover a lot more in CoD.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.