Will Treyarch pull another Deer Hunter in BO 2?

#1phatdragon13Posted 5/7/2012 7:22:26 PM
In case you don;t know what I'm talking about, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYtDR_l79dU
(skip to 0:30 for the scene from Deer Hunter)

So, should we expect Treyarch to make another major scene which, in reality, is just a copy of a far superior version?

(FYI the vid I linked to isn't mine. I realize the uploader made the video to show his displeasure that Black Ops had a scene which was effectively stolen from one of his favorite movies. I had never seen the movie outside of this scene before playing Black Ops and only hope that Treyarch can actually make the whole of BO2 without "stealing" another scene from somewhere else.)
---
XBL Gamertag: nygiantsfan22
#2tekn1quesPosted 5/7/2012 7:25:59 PM
Alright TC so I am just going to blurt out the first three words that came to mind after reading your post.

Life. Get one.
---
Help yourself to some decent meat on the way out..
#3phatdragon13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 7:31:10 PM
tekn1ques posted...
Alright TC so I am just going to blurt out the first three words that came to mind after reading your post.

Life. Get one.

I don't have a life because I have a problem with blatant plagiarism? I have a great social life and, luckily great friends. I was just wondering what everybody else thought about this.

I won't stop you from believing otherwise if that will make you feel better though. :)
---
#4tekn1quesPosted 5/7/2012 7:43:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrGxn5rQWo
---
Help yourself to some decent meat on the way out..
#5Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 5/7/2012 7:48:02 PM
COD 4 has so many Aliens references and MW 2 has a lot of Red Dawn references. BO made that reference on purpose they probably got consent so no its not plagiarism
#6Solid_Acid12Posted 5/7/2012 7:50:24 PM

COD 4 has so many Aliens references and MW 2 has a lot of Red Dawn references. BO made that reference on purpose they probably got consent so no its not plagiarism

Don't forget all the Black Hawk Down references.
---
48/2(9+3) = 2
#7BrownPackPosted 5/7/2012 7:51:32 PM
tekn1ques posted...

Life. Get one.

Wow, very salty. This is actually a good topic, and yet you have to be an ass?

And to TC, I hope not. I pray not. 3arc pretty much copied IW with the whole behind the scenes kind of thing, where darker things go on than we know of.

Captain price said "History is written by the victor"

Sgt Woods said "A lie is a lie, just because they write it down and call it history, doesn't mean it's the truth"
---
Five, one two three four FiF
#8phatdragon13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 7:55:27 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...

I actually looked for a short while and never found that they had consent, but then again I never found anything on the subject at all outside of the video I link to.

I can't really speak on the CoD 4 and MW2 references you are mentioning as I have never seen Aliens or Red Dawn (although I heard both were great) but I doubt any of them were as blatant as taking a full scene from the movie and slapping it into the game.
---
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 5/7/2012 8:08:18 PM
phatdragon13 posted...
I can't really speak on the CoD 4 and MW2 references you are mentioning as I have never seen Aliens or Red Dawn (although I heard both were great) but I doubt any of them were as blatant as taking a full scene from the movie and slapping it into the game.

no some were just as obvious as the BO one. a large majority of the lines Gaz and Price say in COD4 are directly taken from the movie Aliens. and yes you should watch both movies. especially aliens its a great movie
#10phatdragon13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 8:11:35 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
phatdragon13 posted...

no some were just as obvious as the BO one. a large majority of the lines Gaz and Price say in COD4 are directly taken from the movie Aliens. and yes you should watch both movies. especially aliens its a great movie

So taking lines/scenes from movies is just another theme Treyarch took from IW and kept alive in their games? Hahahahaha why is that not a surprise?

I'll definitely check those movies out, thanks!
---