Will the noob tubes be restored to their former glory?

#1aj4x94Posted 7/28/2012 5:36:21 PM
Black Ops handled the noobtubes perfectly: they couldn't be refilled with Scavenger, and Flak Jacket would save your ass from them if you were at full health.

MW3 made them completely useless, and a waste of an attachment slot(and it didn't even get its own killfeed icon).
---
Kept you waiting, huh?
Currently playing: Half-Life 2, Lone Survivor, Persona 3 Portable, Legend of Dragoon.
#2WoramotPosted 7/28/2012 5:54:42 PM
Yeah but MW3 wasn't made by Treyarch...
---
Derpy is best pony.
Gamertag: Vault DweIIer. The L's in Dweller are capital i's.
#3JonJonFTWPosted 7/30/2012 12:06:04 AM
Why would you want the noob tube to be good? Can you honestly not use bullets? Are you the kind of person who use OMA/DC noob tubes? Yes? Then screw you. Noob tubes should never return to CoD.

It is like Activision has all of the IW staff bound in chains saying, "You WILL add Deathstreaks to the game despite everyone saying they do not want them to return. You WILL ridiculously balance the guns so there IS no balance despite knowing exactly what makes a gun OP. You WILL put in the crappiest netcode of the CoD series despite knowing that every CoD player wants dedicated servers. You WILL rush out a game in less than two years despite knowing people want a more polished and fine-tuned game. You will do those things because we are dumb and think that will give us more money. "

It is like Activision has all of the Treyarch staff bound in chains saying, "You WILL add Second Chance to Black Ops despite knowing that everyone hated Last Stand and Final Stand in Modern Warfare 2. You WILL add noob tubes despite knowing everyone losing their patience with them in Modern Warfare 2. You WILL make the PS3 version of Black Ops run at 30 FPS despite the PS3 being minimally more powerful. You WILL rush out a game in less than two years despite knowing people want a more polished and fine-tuned game. You will do those things because we are dumb and think that will give us more money."

I wouldn't be surprised if Activision had a larger influence on the games' development then we think.
---
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW
#4awsomeedgar77Posted 7/30/2012 2:09:22 AM
JonJonFTW posted...
Why would you want the noob tube to be good? Can you honestly not use bullets? Are you the kind of person who use OMA/DC noob tubes? Yes? Then screw you. Noob tubes should never return to CoD.

It is like Activision has all of the IW staff bound in chains saying, "You WILL add Deathstreaks to the game despite everyone saying they do not want them to return. You WILL ridiculously balance the guns so there IS no balance despite knowing exactly what makes a gun OP. You WILL put in the crappiest netcode of the CoD series despite knowing that every CoD player wants dedicated servers. You WILL rush out a game in less than two years despite knowing people want a more polished and fine-tuned game. You will do those things because we are dumb and think that will give us more money. "

It is like Activision has all of the Treyarch staff bound in chains saying, "You WILL add Second Chance to Black Ops despite knowing that everyone hated Last Stand and Final Stand in Modern Warfare 2. You WILL add noob tubes despite knowing everyone losing their patience with them in Modern Warfare 2. You WILL make the PS3 version of Black Ops run at 30 FPS despite the PS3 being minimally more powerful. You WILL rush out a game in less than two years despite knowing people want a more polished and fine-tuned game. You will do those things because we are dumb and think that will give us more money."

I wouldn't be surprised if Activision had a larger influence on the games' development then we think.

lol He meant like in Blops where if you chose to use them, they actually worked. I don't understand why you went into a crazy rant. lol
---
Smile, You're in my scope.
GT: AwesomeEDgar77
#5Mspaul09Posted 7/30/2012 4:34:28 AM
My absolute favorite noob tube moment was in BLOPs. Was game winning kill cam, guy pops of a noob tube, hits the opponent in the face, to close for it to explode, kills the guy, bounces back and blows up the dude that shot it. Was hilarious. I also love how tubes are one of those love/hate thing half the people seem to love um, the other half moan about them. I personally don't use um often, but they never bothered me.
---
PSN: desukarasu / Gamertag mikenchelle
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#6Proudleaf24Posted 7/30/2012 6:53:14 AM
Noobtubes should have the explosive power they had in BO but should also be replenished by BO2's version of Scavenger. This would work perfectly as long as BO2 also retains Flack Jacket's .35x explosive damage.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#7Faust_8Posted 7/30/2012 7:17:04 AM
Noob tubes should exist. They're great for killing campers or anyone who's around corners or doorways or on the second story or whatever.

They're fine as long as they're like Black Ops--you only get 2 per life with no exceptions, and you do have to get them reasonably near people to kill with them. It also helps if there's a Perk like Flak Jacket.

Tubes were never a problem until IW decided that it was a good idea to let you effortlessly have an infinite amount AND let you give them an insane power boost. Tubes weren't a problem in CoD4, WaW, and BO. They're not a problem in MW3 either but that's because they nerfed all explosives.

But basically, it seems to me that Treyarch has always gotten explosives right. They can be counted on to kill but they're not mini-nukes. So I'm not worried about this at all.
---
Name one time--in all of history--when assuming supernatural explanations improved our understanding of anything.
#8deoxxysPosted 7/30/2012 1:11:32 PM
awsomeedgar77 posted...
JonJonFTW posted...

lol He meant like in Blops where if you chose to use them, they actually worked. I don't understand why you went into a crazy rant. lol

X2
#9IAMGLADIATORPosted 7/30/2012 1:37:21 PM
Black Operations noobtubes added balance to the game. As much as I hate getting blasted by one there is a counter and that's flack jacket.

Noobtubes force ghost using campers out of their corners and that is a good thing.

2nd chance, that crap needs to be removed entriely why should it take an extra second to kill somebody because some scrub wants to lay on his back.
---
"Dawg The Booster Hunter"
#10MegaTape13Posted 7/30/2012 3:18:29 PM
aj4x94 posted...
MW3 made them completely useless, and a waste of an attachment slot(and it didn't even get its own killfeed icon).

They were moronically effective in Hardcore, fyi, because IW neglected to adjust Flak Jacket's damage reduction in those playlists.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13