A quick question about bots.

#1Billy-De-KidPosted 8/5/2012 12:17:20 PM
I have very crappy internet and can't play online, so I really liked how they added in bots for multiplayer in Black Ops 1. So is there any news on bots being put in Black Ops 2? Any information is appreciated.
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.
#2JonJonFTWPosted 8/5/2012 12:23:45 PM
Yes, there is some news. Combat Training has been CONFIRMED for Black Ops II. Something they said about it was they are making new ways to differentiate between the bots on different difficulties, not just how fast it takes for them to get their aim on you. Plus, the bots have been compared to the AI in MW3's Survival Mode.
---
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW
#3Billy-De-Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 12:31:14 PM
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to enjoy another 4 years of poppin' heads!
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.
#4HDCasePosted 8/6/2012 9:36:16 AM
Yeah I love combat training. I hope there are some more modes this time besides deathmatch and team deathmatch though.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#5SergioMach5Posted 8/6/2012 11:45:01 AM
I wouldnt mind the bots to be available for offline play too, to give those without XBL a crack at the multiplayer offering with some entertainment. Perhaps expanding the modes beyond deathmatch would be great too
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#6d3dsightPosted 8/6/2012 11:59:00 AM(edited)
Ah, I wasn't even aware you had to be on XBL to play it. You had to have a gold membership?

Anyway, combat training is amazing. Not only is it simply a fun mode for a lot of people, it's also an amazing tool to test things out by yourself without having to go through the headache of hooking up a second controller and using a tac insert to keep the dummy spawning at the same spot. And there's a lot of things to test that wouldn't work without a "real team" to play against anyway. I'm psyched it is returning.
#7HDCasePosted 8/8/2012 8:06:49 AM(edited)
Ah, I wasn't even aware you had to be on XBL to play it. You had to have a gold membership?

Anyway, combat training is amazing. Not only is it simply a fun mode for a lot of people, it's also an amazing tool to test things out by yourself without having to go through the headache of hooking up a second controller and using a tac insert to keep the dummy spawning at the same spot. And there's a lot of things to test that wouldn't work without a "real team" to play against anyway. I'm psyched it is returning.

Originally bots were only available via the Xbox Live multiplayer menu. Later they patched in offline bot support under split screen. So no you don't need gold now but you do need to be connected to get that patch that lets you play offline, unless maybe they updated later versions of the game on disc to include that.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal