C/D In order for ExCon to be viable, you need to regenerate sprint faster

#1FrewsaPosted 8/20/2012 9:21:45 AM
C / D - Results (33 votes)
C
96.97% (32 votes)
D
3.03% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Otherwise, all it does is give you a longer sprint at the beginning of your life, then you are pretty much back to your normal sprint.
---
I just wanted a house on Rannoch with my love. We even picked out the spot.
Instead, I got Space Magic. number of likes: 14
#2ValeriumPosted 8/20/2012 9:33:11 AM
It's fine the way it is.
#3KwizxxPosted 8/20/2012 9:57:03 AM
Valerium posted...
It's fine the way it is.

It's not fine the way it is because of how unfair it is for shotgunners to not have infinite sprint, or at least something that extends it beyond a measly 8 seconds. Despite mw3's smallish maps, I still encountered many instances where infinite sprint could have come into play every match.

Without something as small as faster sprint regeneration, it works as a one time use per life perk and after you've used up those short 8 seconds, your soldier goes back to his out of shape fat boy run where he has to stop for a breather every 2 seconds and that can really mess up people with shotguns and other short ranged weapons, especially if you run out of sprint during a bad time.
#4Faust_8Posted 8/20/2012 10:32:27 AM
frewsa posted...
Otherwise, all it does is give you a longer sprint at the beginning of your life, then you are pretty much back to your normal sprint.

That's like saying with Dual Mags you only get one fast reload and that's it.

Even people with Marathon don't constantly sprint. When you are getting kills, reloading, or not sprinting for any of the 1000 situations where you want to pause for a moment, your sprint is recharging.

You can use the extra sprint of ExCon far more than once. Get to where you are going, walk around for a bit and assess, then sprint again if you want. Players with ExCon still get around a lot faster than those without.

I didn't hear anybody saying ExCon was pointless back in CoD4. I abused the hell out of it, even with shotguns. To a skilled shotgunner having double sprint is NOT a problem.
---
Name one time--in all of history--when assuming supernatural explanations improved our understanding of anything.
#5Choleric_LlamaPosted 8/20/2012 10:42:56 AM
Faust_8 posted...
frewsa posted...

That's like saying with Dual Mags you only get one fast reload and that's it.

Even people with Marathon don't constantly sprint. When you are getting kills, reloading, or not sprinting for any of the 1000 situations where you want to pause for a moment, your sprint is recharging.

You can use the extra sprint of ExCon far more than once. Get to where you are going, walk around for a bit and assess, then sprint again if you want. Players with ExCon still get around a lot faster than those without.

I didn't hear anybody saying ExCon was pointless back in CoD4. I abused the hell out of it, even with shotguns. To a skilled shotgunner having double sprint is NOT a problem.

However, it still isn't nearly as good as Marathon. I have no idea how you shotgun, but in MW2, I definitely wouldn't have had time for my sprint to regenerate. In MW3, every time I try to use ExCon, I never let it regenerate all the way without wanting to sprint again. I'm always forced to wait longer than I want to. That's why I just use SoH instead: because ExCon isn't good enough to justify losing out on SoH, plain and simple. It will be the same way in BO2, I imagine. ExCon has to compete with Tac Mask, both halves of Sitrep and dexterity, all of which I would choose over a few extra seconds of sprint time.
---
"If I illegally downloaded all of Will Smith's songs, I wouldn't be arrested for music piracy, I'd be arrested for promoting horrible taste in music."