Hardwired perk was made to be suck ass on purpose

#1NarutoTaioPosted 8/21/2012 10:24:58 AM
So people will talk about how innovative they are and how they listen to the community on the next CoD when they alter the perk
#2d3dsightPosted 8/21/2012 10:48:03 AM
VSAT = Original Black Ops Blackbird which means there's a good chance the VSAT is going to be the springboard to get the best streaks. We all know how many Blackbirds go up in Black Ops.

Counter-UAV and EMP (I'm assuming) are the only counters to the VSAT. I don't think the perk is going to suck.
#3ValeriumPosted 8/21/2012 10:56:13 AM
You'll see more CUAV's then you see VSAT if they work like I think they will.
#4d3dsightPosted 8/21/2012 11:06:58 AM
Valerium posted...
You'll see more CUAV's then you see VSAT if they work like I think they will.

You'll definitely see tons of CUAV's because of the scorestreak assists. I realize they are miniscule, but lots of casual players will gravitate to UAV and CUAV with Hardline anyway. Combine not wanting to be annoyed by CUAV's, not wanting to be burdened by a launcher, and not wanting your VSAT to be negated, and Hardwired is a good perk for you.
#5NarutoTaio(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 11:10:51 AM
...And 3arc wins again
#6Aether_LyricPosted 8/21/2012 11:16:13 AM
d3dsight posted...
VSAT = Original Black Ops Blackbird which means there's a good chance the VSAT is going to be the springboard to get the best streaks. We all know how many Blackbirds go up in Black Ops.

Counter-UAV and EMP (I'm assuming) are the only counters to the VSAT. I don't think the perk is going to suck.

In theory it makes sense but honestly, I can count the amount of times my Blackbird has been Counter UAV'd on one hand. It's an uncommon killstreak and you need to actually have earned one while the enemy Blackbird is up.

Hard Wired is one of those perks you can throw on a spare class for specific situations, but is otherwise useless.
#7d3dsightPosted 8/21/2012 11:23:46 AM
Agreed that it is a specialized perk, but with the new system, it'll be nice to have. That's what's so great about not having to choose one of every perk from each tier. It's not a big deal to have "underpowered" perks now.
#8TimmotheussPosted 8/21/2012 11:24:22 AM
You do realize the person has to be using the CUAV right? Most people are gonna have a high KS, UAV, and something else random. I had thousands upon thousands of UAVs called in in BO but only a few hundred CUAVs. My main setup was UAV-BB-CG or BB-CG-Dogs.

Multi-TDM on the other hand, I could see it being pretty useful and I'll definitely be using it there.
---
GT: Pip Tc
#9Proudleaf24Posted 8/21/2012 12:25:21 PM
Timmotheuss posted...
You do realize the person has to be using the CUAV right? Most people are gonna have a high KS, UAV, and something else random. I had thousands upon thousands of UAVs called in in BO but only a few hundred CUAVs. My main setup was UAV-BB-CG or BB-CG-Dogs.

Multi-TDM on the other hand, I could see it being pretty useful and I'll definitely be using it there.

Interesting, because my main setup in BO was CUAV-BB-Dogs.

CUAV is so good in BO it isn't funny. I really wouldn't be surprised that it will grow more popular in BO2, which will probably encourage Hardwired even more.
---
You're gonna love my nuts
#10VrrestoPosted 8/21/2012 12:27:55 PM
I really don't like it. It only exists to annoy the few people who bother to use CUAVs (which have never been a problem before and shouldn't be now that they're harder to get). I think they should just scrap it and move one of the tier 3 perks to tier 2 (Dexterity maybe).