Speed of movement required to utilize Ghost.

#1BattleAxeRXPosted 9/5/2012 9:45:17 AM
How would you want Ghost to work? - Results (181 votes)
Ya gotta be sprinting to be hidden
7.73% (14 votes)
you should be moving at max speed (standing posture)
22.1% (40 votes)
you should be moving at crouch speed
14.92% (27 votes)
you should only have to be moving at about prone speed
3.31% (6 votes)
any movement should be enough to hide you
13.81% (25 votes)
Somewhere between crouch speed and prone speed
6.08% (11 votes)
you should be able to stay still for X amount of time and then move to be hidden again
18.23% (33 votes)
You should have to move to a different part of the map every X amount of time (grids on the map)
6.08% (11 votes)
I'm beginning to hate what they did to ghost/UAV jammer. Continued in OP...
7.73% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm beginning to hate what they did to ghost/UAV jammer. People will end up doing the bare minimum to be hidden. The perk is there and will either be neglected, or people who select it will be always concerned with making sure they move enough. I want to go at my own pace.

I almost selected 9, but I'll go with 7. It's easy for the ghost user to remember so it doesn't alter gameplay too much.

Well, go ahead...
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
#2BattleAxeRX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 1:36:44 PM
I'm expecting at least 100 votes. Get going. Discuss for the sake of good gaming.

With ghost, if you're a mover, you never want to get screwed and show up on radar, and you'll always want ninja for deep flanking or serious gaming.
What sort of things do you do while you flank? Do you take cover and look for other kills along the way??? That's legit flanking, and you shouldn't have to be constantly moving.
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
#3MegaTape13Posted 9/5/2012 4:30:13 PM
I think a combo would be best:
2) you should be moving at max speed (standing posture)
7) you should be able to stay still for X amount of time and then move to be hidden again

Requiring full-speed movement would help discourage crouching or laying prone in a corner somewhere, but wouldn't strongly effect Ghost users simply patrolling an area or monitoring an objective. You could still camp ADS, but at least the movement would make you easier to spot or hear.

However, having your UAV immunity be disabled instantly is excessive imo and really does hurts perfectly legitimate uses for the perk. Sometimes you have to pause in cover when you flank, sometimes you have to stand still briefly to aim an airstrike or sniper shot, etc. I don't think a 2-3 second grace period is too much to ask for.

That's a happy balance, I think. It encourages movement, but provides enough leeway to maintain the effect through completely normal activities.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#4BattleAxeRX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 6:15:08 PM
So what are some cool things we used to do with ghost?
Hang back at long range and cover something...
Flank fools...
Hide in shadows...

So if all they wanted us to do was to flank, then we need like 15 seconds in each grid square. Otherwise, ghost is going to turn into the "ADS sway increase over time" BS that was in MW3 and that was just disgusting to see... People will be resetting their idle time with full movement for some undetermined time (Lets hope it isn't just reach top speed and that completes the reset and you're good for another 10 seconds...)

If we are to be encouraged to flank, and not use the perk any other way, I don't see any other way to accomplish stealth while flanking and discourage staying localized and manipulating a cooldown or something. I'm just smh and think that this perk is going to make the game suck, they should maybe just take it out of the game...
---
#5DutchZombiePosted 9/6/2012 12:06:17 AM
Where's the option for dumbest idea ever?? Stealth play has more to offer than just flanking, but not according to geniuses at Treyarch!! There used to be a time when the class system offered an opportunity to tailor your play style however you wanted to, not just what Treyarch deemed acceptable.

It's as stupid as Treyarch's idea to grey out options for multiple attachments (apparently a noob tube and a red dot combined is OP) or having challenges to unlock Pro perks.

Half the time, it seems in their quest to be original while pandering to the lowest common denominator in gaming, they forget how to make a good game.
#6BattleAxeRX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 10:45:17 AM
We need more votes.

...So again, I'm worried that how they implement this moving criteria is going to 1. not allow stop and go flanking and 2. allow people to still hang back and camp. Or just be relativily still.

It was a cool idea, but I doubt they'll implement it in a thoughtful fasion.
---
#7HaganPosted 9/6/2012 10:55:25 AM
This poll needs more options...
---
XBL GT= illidan z
#8MegaTape13Posted 9/6/2012 11:00:03 AM
BattleAxeRX posted...
I doubt they'll implement it in a thoughtful fasion.

Me to.
Luckily they're going out of their way to make stuff adjustable, which coupled with all of the BO support makes me think thir game is going to get a ton of post-release tuning.

So I'm not too worried in the long run. If the idea backfires horribly, they could just (virtually) remove the movement requirement.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#9BattleAxeRX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 10:12:06 AM
Hagan posted...
This poll needs more options...

Words speak louder than poll options. This thread needs more posts.
---
#10NephatePosted 9/7/2012 10:55:05 AM
I'm hoping for a grace period of at 4_5 seconds or I can crouch walk to stay invisable to uav's because I sniper alot and I show up on radar enough where I don't need radar to plop me up there any more then I do already.