For those of you that don't like ghost....

#11TightNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 1:12:36 PM
Just bring back stopping power

That may help I guess but I was one of the few that still used UAV Jammer, Camouflage Ghost in all these games. I always preferred the element surprise of extra damage. If I flank and get the jump on you, I have already put 4 bullets into you before you have time to respsond so stopping power never helped me that much....but everyone plays differently.
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
Today's FPS gamer - If it kills me it must be overpowered so I will whine until the developer removes it!!! i.e Black Ops
#12seankimberley42Posted 9/17/2012 8:57:41 AM
TightNinja posted...

That may help I guess but I was one of the few that still used UAV Jammer, Camouflage Ghost in all these games. I always preferred the element surprise of extra damage. If I flank and get the jump on you, I have already put 4 bullets into you before you have time to respsond so stopping power never helped me that much....but everyone plays differently.

I think his point was that bringing back stopping power will make the whiners stop complaining about ghost and start complaining about stopping power. And I'm the same as you; ghost, to me, was always better then stopping power or juggernaut. One or two extra bullets in a game where guns fire at 700+ rpm = people vastly overestimating the effectiveness of stopping power.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#13ValeriumPosted 9/17/2012 9:33:40 AM
People generally complain about ghost because they're too lazy to check corners.

Its never been overpowered.
#14Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/17/2012 9:37:22 AM
GetGoodBro posted...
GeneralAsura posted...
I'd prefer not being a complaining scrub and just enjoying the game for what it is.

A laggy campfest?

Served.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#15billnye69Posted 9/17/2012 9:50:05 AM
I don't care about ghost as long as all it does is block UAV, it's when it starts blocking 5 other things that it got stupid.
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/17/2012 9:52:39 AM
billnye69 posted...
I don't care about ghost as long as all it does is block UAV, it's when it starts blocking 5 other things that it got stupid.

I think it was good for blocking killstreaks which I think should have been the core perk [read: non pro version] I don't know how many games I entered with a chopper gunner on thel ikes of Jungle just to get mowed down because I didn't have Ghost pro. >.>
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#17billnye69Posted 9/17/2012 9:56:06 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
billnye69 posted...

I think it was good for blocking killstreaks which I think should have been the core perk [read: non pro version] I don't know how many games I entered with a chopper gunner on thel ikes of Jungle just to get mowed down because I didn't have Ghost pro. >.>

I like ghost as only blocking UAV and then having blind eye for killstreaks. I'm a player that wants every perk to do 1 thing like in CoD4
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.
#18Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/17/2012 9:57:14 AM
billnye69 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
billnye69 posted...

I like ghost as only blocking UAV and then having blind eye for killstreaks. I'm a player that wants every perk to do 1 thing like in CoD4

True, but in BO there was no blind Eye
---
#19ragefan187Posted 9/17/2012 10:00:46 AM
seankimberley42 posted...
TightNinja posted...

I think his point was that bringing back stopping power will make the whiners stop complaining about ghost and start complaining about stopping power. And I'm the same as you; ghost, to me, was always better then stopping power or juggernaut. One or two extra bullets in a game where guns fire at 700+ rpm = people vastly overestimating the effectiveness of stopping power.

I never remembered stopping power being such an issue before or that people complained about it, then again I was never on the Cod message boards before