do you think we ruin games for ourselves by reading into them so much?

#1POWERSLAVE_815Posted 9/17/2012 10:19:28 AM
I mean people are already studying gameplay. Deciding what guns or perks will be op. Complaining. People already have their minds made up about the game and it hasn't even come out yet. The people who I know who enjoy the games enjoy them casually and aren't concerned about things like that. Maybe we expect too much. Yes you're making a $60-$150 investment in a game but if it doesn't live up to your standards its bad?
#2LittleBigFan98Posted 9/17/2012 10:23:20 AM
Why pay $60 for something not up my standards?
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/17/2012 10:26:44 AM
POWERSLAVE_815 posted...
I mean people are already studying gameplay. Deciding what guns or perks will be op. Complaining. People already have their minds made up about the game and it hasn't even come out yet. The people who I know who enjoy the games enjoy them casually and aren't concerned about things like that. Maybe we expect too much. Yes you're making a $60-$150 investment in a game but if it doesn't live up to your standards its bad?

Except knowing the information won't instantly equate to the standards of the games.

Reading something on paper [theorymoning] does not instantly equate to being fully correct in practice. New mechanics and the way the mechanics work will turn out different in the full game which is normally expected.
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"
#4Aether_LyricPosted 9/17/2012 10:27:13 AM
Yes definitely. I'm trying to watch as little of gameplay as I possibly can, I kinda ruined MW3's launch by watching so many videos because I was so hyped. Reading up on and discussing info is something I can't resist though.
#5tacoslayer89Posted 9/17/2012 10:27:53 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
POWERSLAVE_815 posted...

Except knowing the information won't instantly equate to the standards of the games.

Reading something on paper [theorymoning] does not instantly equate to being fully correct in practice. New mechanics and the way the mechanics work will turn out different in the full game which is normally expected.

That's his point...
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
GT: SlaykSerr789
#6reptyle101Posted 9/17/2012 10:29:36 AM
What do you expect us to do in the couple months before release? Not speculate about the game?
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/17/2012 10:31:43 AM
tacoslayer89 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
POWERSLAVE_815 posted...

That's his point...

No, what I'm meaning is 99% of the logical posters who know this information know it's going to end up different and are making minimal comparisons based off of theorymoning. Most of us expect drastic changes. Similar to how every CoD [early release] changes later on. (IE: See MW2 prior to OMA + DC + NT then after OMA + DC + NT)
---
"You can build a thousand bridges, and never be known as a bridge builder. But **** one goat, and you'll forever be known as the man who ***** goats"