After watching the new Zombies trailer...

#1BrownPackPosted 9/26/2012 12:12:13 PM
Why doesn't Treyarch simply just drop CoD and focus on making a zombie experience? I'm pretty sure they'll make a HUGE amount of money, and they'd be great at doing so. It's almost very clear that a "minigame" such as zombies is more than half of the focus of Treyarch's development anyways.

Also, was it just me, or there only appeared to be 3 playable characters visible during the trailer?
#2gtaking5Posted 9/26/2012 12:28:51 PM
There were 4. 3 guys and that one girl from the teaser way back when. You can see all four of them at around 44 seconds.
---
Girls with guns on LSD
Self-infraction, mass destruction, Programmed for the final function
#3Ice WeaselPosted 9/26/2012 12:35:11 PM
Uh because they're already making a ridiculous amount of money doing what they're doing now? People were buying gazillions of copies of their games even when the zombie mode was kind of half-assed.
#4Aether_LyricPosted 9/26/2012 12:40:14 PM
They made a zombies game for iOS. For actual consoles though it will never happen because it's a much better business decision.
#5MegaTape13Posted 9/26/2012 12:47:29 PM
If new IW/Sledgehammer didn't suck and released a well-made mulitplayer-only experience each cycle, I wouldn't mind Treyarch making Zombie games to fill in the gaps. Single player has been a throw away for me since MW2.

Treyarch switching over to full-time Zombies would be the collapse of CoD, imo. That may not necessarily be a bad thing though...

And if you want to look at it by money, more people are going to buy a single player + multiplayer + Zombies package, not to mention MP+Zombie DLC. I know tons of people who don't really care about Zombies at all. I probably wouldn't even touch it if I didn't have friends who pester me to party up >_> (it is fairly fun in those cases, though).
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#6BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 4:39:54 PM
gtaking5 posted...
There were 4. 3 guys and that one girl from the teaser way back when. You can see all four of them at around 44 seconds.

all I saw was:

Girl wearing red
Guy wearing green vest
Guy in white wearing glasses

and then there is a slight glimpse of a bald guy, but he barely gets ANY screen time compared to the other three. Hell, the guy in the white shirt and glasses took most of the screen time.

Maybe the 4th character is one of the original "4"
#7Billy-De-KidPosted 9/26/2012 6:14:03 PM
BrownPack posted...
gtaking5 posted...

all I saw was:

Girl wearing red
Guy wearing green vest
Guy in white wearing glasses

and then there is a slight glimpse of a bald guy, but he barely gets ANY screen time compared to the other three. Hell, the guy in the white shirt and glasses took most of the screen time.

Maybe the 4th character is one of the original "4"

*gasps and crosses fingers* Nikolai, Nikolai, Nikolai, Nikolai!!!
---
Not changing this sig until someone makes a Freddy Krueger VS Predator movie.