I always told myself that it would take more than just one awful CoD game...

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 9/27/2012 6:43:39 PM
...to make me done with the series completely. I can probably only swallow one more terrible game after MW3. (I didn't like it, its my opinion. Let's not argue.) I have high hopes for BO2, and first impressions are great.

If, for any chance, BO2 is absolutely terrible, would you give up on CoD as a whole? (let's hope it isn't)
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
Add me, I'm awesome.
#2ZeroChargePosted 9/27/2012 6:51:18 PM
Well... If BO2 is an abomination like MW3 and BO1 was for me(Excluding Zombies and CT), I'll give up on CoD and just invest my time and money on PC gaming where I started many years ago.
---
Yeah, I'm a Furry. Don't hate. You're just mad you don't have big fluffy fox ears like me! =^w^= I'mma Red Fox. :3
Playing: Minecraft.
#3indg_nt_judgmntPosted 9/27/2012 6:51:30 PM
Put it this way, if its terrible no CoD for ever. If its good no CoD till the next 3arc CoD.
---
PSN: FomortiisDAP
Official Demiurge of the SMT IV Board.
#4Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 6:53:14 PM
indg_nt_judgmnt posted...
Put it this way, if its terrible no CoD for ever. If its good no CoD till the next 3arc CoD.

Agreed.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
Add me, I'm awesome.
#5AristophPosted 9/27/2012 9:48:27 PM

Indeed. I'm done with the "Modern Warfare" side of CoD. MW2 and MW3 were absolute trash. Then the community got their hands on them and they became steaming piles of absolute trash. I never owned WaW, but I played on my brother's PS3 a bit and it seemed pretty sweet. Black Ops 1 was great and I poured a LOT of time into it and still go back to it every once in a while. I have faith in 3Arc. IW is pretty much dead to me, though.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#6bladessx619Posted 9/27/2012 11:00:56 PM
Aristoph posted...

Indeed. I'm done with the "Modern Warfare" side of CoD. MW2 and MW3 were absolute trash. Then the community got their hands on them and they became steaming piles of absolute trash. I never owned WaW, but I played on my brother's PS3 a bit and it seemed pretty sweet. Black Ops 1 was great and I poured a LOT of time into it and still go back to it every once in a while. I have faith in 3Arc. IW is pretty much dead to me, though.

I love you. You just spoke every word from my heart. <3
---
XBL: Tatsuya Shibata
PSN: Tatsuya_Shibata
#7singhellotakuPosted 9/27/2012 11:22:25 PM
mw 3 just meant I won't buy another iw/sledgehammer game, waw was the game that got me into online gaming and treyarch haven't disappointed me since, before sure, cod3 sucked.
#8SparkItUpPosted 9/28/2012 2:23:24 AM
Soul_On_Display posted...
...to make me done with the series completely. I can probably only swallow one more terrible game after MW3. (I didn't like it, its my opinion. Let's not argue.) I have high hopes for BO2, and first impressions are great.

If, for any chance, BO2 is absolutely terrible, would you give up on CoD as a whole? (let's hope it isn't)

kinda like you....I am about disgusted with the series as a whole...but..I think this is my last chance as well for it...unlike you though, I really don't have high hopes because in a sense, I am tired of having high hopes for a game that constantly disappoints.

Like you I hope it isn't terribad, but if it is, yes, I am absolutely done with CoD.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK5eDkU61E
And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time, Forgetting you but not the time.
#9SparkItUpPosted 9/28/2012 2:31:11 AM
Aristoph posted...

Then the community got their hands on them and they became steaming piles of absolute trash.

to be fair, this is the biggest problem with each CoD out there...the community. it's probably the most garbage community that I have every been a part of for a game. I don't know if it's a console thing, a 360 thing or whatever it may be, but the community for this series of games is just total trash and is what kills each installment of this game and it just seems to get worse as each release comes & goes.

MW2, would be a great game if it wasn't for a garbage community that took advantage of OMA/DC to the degree that they do.

MW3 wouldn't be such a bad game (at the very least it would be bearable) if it wasn't for a community that feels the need to corner camp each & every nook & cranny with their silenced MP7/ACR and their blindeye/Assassin/Sitrep Pro setup w/ their portable radar, etc..

and then there was BO w/ the hit detection, cartoon graphics & god awful gun & explosion sounds and let's not forget, ghost that the community felt they needed to exploit as much as possible.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK5eDkU61E
And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time, Forgetting you but not the time.
#10BrockObamaPosted 9/28/2012 4:53:33 AM
Black Ops 2 is likely going to be my last Call of Duty game regardless of how good/bad it is.

I'm getting borderline too old to dump a lot of time into video games like I used to. I'll likely be working 80 to 100 hour weeks less than three years from now.

I won't buy the next one simply because the last two IW CoD games have been pretty bad. MW2 was horrible, MW3 was bad for entirely different reasons. It's hard for me to see getting excited for another CoD after this one.

I'm not even that pumped for Black Ops 2, to be honest, even though it shows every indication of being the best CoD game since CoD4.