Every gun has to be unbalanced

#11Faust_8Posted 9/28/2012 8:38:58 PM
fatclemenza posted...
MW2 had the weapon balance down. Almost every gun had a purpose (barring some like the F2000 or Mini-Uzi) and there was a large weapon pool to choose from.

If shotguns were secondaries I might agree with you. But since they weren't, nearly every primary weapon that was being used was an AR, sniper, or UMP.

The other SMGs were largely ignored because of the versatility of AR+shotty classes, and the UMP in general.

If shotguns were primaries at least the other SMGs would have had a point.

LMGs were largely ignored too because there was always the SCAR or ACR which handled long range juuuuuuuust fine.

So there was balance inside of a single class of weapons usually (LMGs also had some pointless weapons--AUG was practically a RPD with nerfed capacity, M240 was practically a MG4 with a lot more recoil) but in terms of usage you really saw a lot of the same weapons because of a lack of balance across the weapon classes. LMGs and SMGs not named UMP were overshadowed.

With a few tweaks, yes, it has great balance.
---
Religion was our first attempt at truth and morality...but when has our FIRST attempt at anything ever been our BEST one?
#12Kovalchuk_Posted 9/28/2012 8:44:34 PM
BattleAxeRX posted...
I can not think of one part of gun balancing that is hard...

lol this guy
#13BattleAxeRXPosted 9/29/2012 12:25:56 AM
faust is right, you have to balance the weapon classes amongst themselves. That's key. After that, guns just need quirks to be unique. Generally you would have a gun in a class do best at a certain range, or fit in with a good class loadout.

Basically sacrifice something for something else of equal value. It changes the way you use the gun. Bam, variety.
Tell me why gun balancing is hard.
Cuz timmy's first cod was mw2 and he wants a zero recoil acr and a tar? I would not accommodate a new comer to the series. Make a quality game that can be played endlessly. (IE Not mw2 or 3)
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
#14_HahaaE_Posted 9/29/2012 12:32:01 AM
Faust_8 posted...
LMGs were largely ignored too because there was always the SCAR or ACR which handled long range juuuuuuuust fine.

But the RPD was the father of all MW2 guns in the correct hands. A decent player with that gun is unstoppable at practically all ranges.

*Looks at Itachi*
---
MKSC: 27 WR's :: World Champion
SMB3 GBA: 21 WR's
#15Faust_8Posted 9/29/2012 6:28:30 AM
The exact same can be said for the SCAR and ACR. Who both handled short range better thanks to their faster ADS and tighter hipfire.

That's the whole point. Laser-accurate ARs meant LMGs lost a niche.
---
Religion was our first attempt at truth and morality...but when has our FIRST attempt at anything ever been our BEST one?
#16BattleAxeRXPosted 9/29/2012 10:53:35 AM
Balancing the classes should be like this.

LMGs =slow gameplay
ARs= medium
SMG= fast
snipers=long range (terrible in cqc)
shotguns=short range (How about a cone damage system instead of pellet system?)
---
"You lost the woman of your dreams, but you still have Zoidberg. You ALL still have Zoidberg!!!" - FUTURAMA
#17lolcharizardPosted 9/29/2012 11:58:41 AM
Faust_8 posted...
The exact same can be said for the SCAR and ACR. Who both handled short range better thanks to their faster ADS and tighter hipfire.

That's the whole point. Laser-accurate ARs meant LMGs lost a niche.

RPD still had an advatage over range combat which was more prevalent in MW2, and was also laser accurate. Also, please explain why I should use the HK21, RPK, and Stoner63 over the ARs in BLOPs? Let's face it BLOPS did LMG balance far worse than MW2.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#18SparkItUpPosted 9/29/2012 12:21:21 PM
fatclemenza posted...
MW2 had the weapon balance down. Almost every gun had a purpose (barring some like the F2000 or Mini-Uzi) and there was a large weapon pool to choose from.

^ this....the only thing that made AR's unbalanced in MW2 was when someone used OMA/DC w/ the tubes
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYK5eDkU61E
And in the darkest night, if my memory serves me right, I'll never turn back time, Forgetting you but not the time.